[Katalon Academy] Introducing the Katalon Certification Program!

bc-team-email-banner  (1)

Hello Katalon community :wave:,

Today we’re very excited to announce the launch of our Katalon Certification Program on Katalon Academy!

What is the Katalon Certification Program about?

The Katalon Certification Program provides you with opportunities to unlock job-ready skills and advance your career by applying the Katalon Platform to real-life projects. We believe this hands-on approach is much better than just watching courses.

To get certified, you don’t need to complete courses or take an exam. Instead, you will need to actually use the Katalon Platform to meet specific requirements.

What are the benefits of getting certified by Katalon?

• Acquiring job-ready test automation skills by actually using Katalon solutions,
  • Katalon certificates as proof of your testing experiences, and
  • New networking and career opportunities (since Katalon is expanding fast)!

For those who are relatively new to automated testing, this program allows you to leverage Katalon’s low-code solutions to acquire essential knowledge on how to implement automation into your testing activities.

How to join?

It’s simple:

1. Join the program by logging in to Katalon Academy with your Katalon account.

2. Use the Katalon Platform in your projects to meet certifications’ criteria.

3. Keep track of your progress with our dashboard.

4. Receive an email with a link to your hard-earned certificate after you’ve fulfilled the requirements for each certification tier below.

JOIN THE PROGRAM

Happy learning and getting certified,

On behalf of the Katalon Academy team.

3 Likes

Since we are in a large organization where all development and testing is internal and private, Ho do we get in on this certification? We cannot ever use platform edition.

3 Likes

I do think that some of the required skills are not chosen wisely. For example, I do a lot of testing with Katalon, but we will not use the Katalon Runner at all - we do have the Katalon Cloud Testing for that, so we do not need to worry about a conputer just for running Katalon things and someone who takes care of it.
Also: No need for the “Tunnel” feature, it is the only thing missing for my “Expert” Level, so what?
Maybe the guys at Katalon should think over the needed steps for each level :wink:

1 Like

Hi @danpoleary, thank you for showing your interest in our Katalon Certification Program. This program aims to equip and advocate individuals/practitioners to use our products with many touchpoints. Since we are offering a comprehensive and modern platform, we hope this program will diversity your need as an end user. With that said, you could totally use your personal credentials to gain the certificates separately with your professional one to avoid work disruption. Also, your personal usage history will evolve along the way of your professional career. Hope this helps.

Thank you @sascha.presnac for sharing the feedback. This is very important for us to improve our program in the future. We developed this program to ensure that all users can benefit and learn how to use our products efficiently and diversifiedly. With that said, the criteria are encouraging touchpoints for users to explore all product offerings and the program serves as a guiding tool for users to get started and familiar to Katalon solutions. I’m sure there are other criteria to recognize users’ expertise and seninority, and we are fortunate to have many experts globally. Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we are well acknowledged your opinion.

I am registered and logged in but my progress does not seem to show up. Is there an issue ?? a trick?? I know it can take a while for them to show up but I ran tests yesterday and my tests show in my project but have yet to show in my profile.

1 Like

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for your sharing with us. The data dashboard will be updated daily at 0:00 (UTC+0). Please monitor the progress on your profile page and let us know if the issue persists. Thanks.

There are no updates on my progress. It has been 2 days since I ran the tests.

1 Like

Hi
I also encounter the same issue. It’s been 2 days since my test and nothing seems updated.

1 Like

Any further progress on this issue ??

You should find

so they may not be prompt this week.

I am experiencing the same issue reported by the other members. Today is the 3rd day since I started with the certification program but there is no progress update. Please can anybody let us know what is the problem?

Hi, same situation my progress is not updated in Katalon Certifications.
I’ve read that in order to obtain certifications it’s necessary to use Katalon Platform instead of Katalon stand alone (the one that I’m using currently).
Could this be the cause of the issue?

Regards.

Hi everyone. We have taken all of your feedback. We will check with the team and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Hi, all results have been updated for me, as a matter of fact, I’ve got Professional and Expert certification now.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. We are resolving the dashboard problem. Feel free to let us know if you encounter any other problems joining the Certification Program. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

We have updated our internal system to refresh your data correctly. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,
Vu Tran

Hello,
Just one question, My professional email has an expired licence for testcloud and my private email too beceause I use Katalon since a long moment, how can I achieved my certification programm avoinding to pay a new licence ?

Hi @vianney.maerte. Welcome to Katalon Community!

Regarding your question, you can earn a 3-month free license of TestCloud with the Community’s Kudos Rewards Scheme. You will need to interact in the community, earn 350 Kudos points and exchange them for the license.

Hope my answer helps.

2 Likes