Unable to update chrome web driver for chrome version 121

Tried to upgrade chrome driver using native option from Katalon, UI option as well as Command line option was not upgrading the chrome driver as per chrome version.
Showing some error.
Please see attached image.

Support for “Chrome for Testing” in Katalon Studio - #5 by kazurayam can you please check this once

2 Likes

Hi @ramkumarr,

Welcome to our forum. :wave:

As mentioned by @dineshh, this is a known issue, and our Product team is working on a fix to be released soon as we speak.

In the meantime, you can try one of the workaround detailed by @Elly_Tran below:

We hope this helps. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks Everyone, I will have a look at the provided link.

1 Like

Hi - This issue is also affecting our organisation, running Katalon Studio 9.3.0 on windows.
We have attempted the workaround of implementing ‘Chrome for Testing’ and the relevant driver but the problem persists.

Hello @steve.davis else you still have the “manual” option where you go to Chrome for Testing availability then select “stable” then select your version of chromedriver for your OS (chromedriver, not chrome :slight_smile: ) then unzip and replace the driver in your katalon install folder (should be something like C:\Users\youruser.katalon\packages\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.3.0\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-9.3.0\configuration\resources\drivers\chromedriver_win32) or in your project location folder (Include/drivers).

I did the above and it worked for me.

1 Like

Just wait for one more day for the hot fix that Katalon commited to release by the end of this February.

apparently 9.3.1 was released and it is addresing the issue, saw that on another topic.

spread the words…

2 Likes

Totally agree Support for "Chrome for Testing" in Katalon Studio - #16 by Elly_Tran. Please help test the version

1 Like

Hi @ramkumarr,

We apologize if this issue has delayed your testing projects.

Our Product team has issued a fix with the newly release KS version 9.3.1. You can head over to the thread below to learn more: