TestSuit takes up a lot of RAM

TestSuit takes up a lot of RAM
i have 1000 code lines
when it is executed it takes 450mb of RAM
an empty TestCase with one variable takes up 250mb of RAM

how to reduce the occupied space in RAM?

I think 450MB is not large at all. Katalon Studio allows 2048MB as maximum virtual memory size as default for usual cases. See

About Katalon Studio > Installation details > Configuration tab

you will find a line

-Xmx=2048mb

I don’t think you should worry about 450MB of memory usage too much.

Of course, there are a lot of performance analyzer for JVM application. For example, I have ever used VisualVM which is bundled in the standard JDK for free. However it is not very easy. I do not think you should look at these performance analyzers unless you really encounter a serious memory leak (say, your OS process consumes 5GB, 10GB or more).

In my humble opinion, 1000 code lines of a Test Case is too large to maintain in long term.

if I use 10 simultaneously running TestCase then it already gets 4500mb and this is already a problem

Hi @tod2020,

if I use 10 simultaneously running TestCase then it already gets 4500mb and this is already a problem

Please share some screenshots when monitoring the suite. Does this test suite load data from Data Files?

if you need memory larger than 4500mb, then you can write in the katalon.ini file

-Xmx6000mb

You can allocate large enough virtual memory as long as your machine’s physical memory can accommodate it. See also