Katalon Studio, memory issue adding variables for data driven testing

On my Mac, I have Katalon Studion 5.7.1.

I have the katalon.ini file at /Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse/katalon.ini

In the os console, I checked the katalon.ini file where you can find the runtime configuration for Eclipse = Katalong Studio. The following shows mine.

:Eclipse$ pwd
/Applications/Katalon Studio.app/Contents/Eclipse
:Eclipse$ ls
artifacts.xml	features	katalon.ini	plugins
configuration	jre		p2
:Eclipse$ cat katalon.ini
-startup ../Eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.201.v20161025-1711.jar --launcher.library ../Eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.cocoa.macosx.x86_64_1.1.401.v20161122-1740 -data
config -vm ../../Contents/Eclipse/jre/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jli/libjli.dylib
-vmargs
-Xms256m
-Xmx4048m
-XstartOnFirstThread
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts
:Eclipse$ 

I found

-Xmx4048m

is specified.

As java tells,

-Xmx_n
_Specifies the maximum size, in bytes, of the memory allocation pool. This value must a multiple of 1024 greater than 2 MB. Append the letter k or K to indicate kilobytes, or m or M to indicate megabytes. The default value is chosen at runtime based on system configuration.

So, specifying -Xmx4048m in katalon.ini means that Katalon Studio is given with 4.0GB as possible maximum memory to use.

stewart,

I suppose you also have -Xmx4048m as well. The runtime memory usage of Katalon Studio is controlled and will never exceed the -Xmx value. There is nothing to worry about.

------

By the way, you can see the installation detail in Katalon Studio GUI as well.

About Katalon Studio > Installation details > Configuration

スクリーンショット 2018-10-19 6.50.40.png

2 Likes