Spy object on active browser stopped working

Hello,

When I use spy object on an active browser, it wont show me the capture object option. Therefore I am no longer able to capture any objects on an active browser. This suddenly stopped working for me. Closing/reopening Katalon Studio does not help. Note that we are able to do a spy object on a non active browser. See stack trace below.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2021-02-18 08:47:53.026
!MESSAGE
!STACK 0
java.io.IOException: Failed to bind to 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:50000
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.openAcceptChannel(ServerConnector.java:349)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.open(ServerConnector.java:310)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractNetworkConnector.doStart(AbstractNetworkConnector.java:80)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.doStart(ServerConnector.java:234)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:72)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:386)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:72)
at com.kms.katalon.objectspy.websocket.AddonSocketServer.start(AddonSocketServer.java:70)
at com.kms.katalon.objectspy.dialog.NewObjectSpyDialog$1.run(NewObjectSpyDialog.java:161)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: bind
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)
at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)
at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.openAcceptChannel(ServerConnector.java:345)
… 9 more

I’ve had same issue just last week - i reinstalled chrome, katalon recorder and it seemed to work after that.
What happens when you right-click on the browser? does it show katalon recorder?

Mine works but if only i have Slack or some other program open… it somehow invoke that App and i switch to chrome and it works lol

Still I see few ppl with this issue and it needs to be fixed properly!

Perhaps another (invisible) Katalon Studio was up and listening to 0.0.0.0:50000 on your PC.

Why not you try Power off your PC and restart everything.