Object spy for active browser is not working

I’m try to user “Spy Web” to recognize the webelement on the active browser, and I’ve installed the add-on, but after I click “Spy object (active browser)”, nothing happened. Why?

搜狗截图20171220145405.png

Hi simple,

Is there any error message from that? Have you installed Chrome add-on already?

@“Vinh Nguyen” no error appears. I’ve installed Chrome add-on already.

@simple: I have no doubt when using spy web with active browser. But I select “continue with object spy” instead as I have installed extension already.

Hi, I ma experiencing the same problem, last week it was working perfectly, and today suddenly it wasn’t working anymore. My issue is when I launch the Spy Web, and I click to continue with open open browser literally nothing happen, no error either. If someone can provide a fix or open the issue as a bug so it can be fixed in future versions,
Thanks so much…!!!

@wendy.valles Could you send us the screenshot, steps to reproduce and log file (Help → Error Log) for investigate? Btw, its work ok in my side

Hi @Alice thanks so much for your quick response, I believe it has something to do with the Katalon recorder plugin, Ill describe you exactly how it happen.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open Katalon
  2. Click on the Spy Web
  3. Select any of the active browsers (I tried with both chrome and Firefox)
  4. Click on “Continue with object spy”

Outcome Results:

1. When clicking on the button the spy action was not being triggered.

Note 1: After breaking my head for a couple of hours I decided to uninstall the recorder plugin and install it back again and it worked. So I most likely assume that its something related to it.

Note 2: It was working really fine since the first Installation, but yesterday worked fine in the morning and stop working in the afternoon, I’m so sorry that I don’t have screenshots, next time ill provide it for sure :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks so much…!!!

@Alice @Katalon_team So I was finally able to record what is going on with the spy recorder and what do I have to do to make it work since I was able to make a video can you or someone at Katalon provide a way to send the video???

Thanks so much

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.