Selenium setSpeed command fails

Hi,
I wish to control the speed of the Test Case from inside it because certain parts of the testing need different speeds. I know there is no WebUI command to do this. The closest is WebUI.Delay() but that’s not the same. So I am trying to use the Selenium command. I have…

selenium.setSpeed("1000")

… which should create a 1 second pause in between steps. But it fails no matter how high I set the number. Is this a known bug?

Ilya Novak said:

Hi,
I wish to control the speed of the Test Case from inside it because certain parts of the testing need different speeds. I know there is no WebUI command to do this. The closest is WebUI.Delay() but that’s not the same. So I am trying to use the Selenium command. I have…

selenium.setSpeed("1000")

… which should create a 1 second pause in between steps. But it fails no matter how high I set the number. Is this a known bug?

Katalon Studio does not claim to support this command which will affect overall Katalon’s execution script.

But the Selenese (Selenium IDE) Commands Reference page states the following:

Katalon Automation Recorder provides various Selenium Commands (Selenese) to help automate web application testing. These commands stimulate actions on the application under test (AUT) and create automation test scripts.

The below table is the list of all supported Selenese Commands.

#252 - setSpeed

setSpeed(value)

Arguments:

*value - the number of milliseconds to pause after operation

1 Like