Recording & Continue recording is STILL NOT working for Existing Projects in Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.10.1

I reported this same issue in Recording & continue recording of test cases NOT working in Katalon Studio 5.9.1 but it appears that it was never reviewed by either the Katalon QA or Dev team.

This issue is forcing us to use “Katalon Studio, Version: 5.8.0, Build: 1” as it continues to work as expected.

Can someone from the Katalon QA or DEV team please look at this issue.

I have attached a Katalon10.1.log file like I did in the previous posting (see the KatalonStudio.log file from that posting).

Configuration & test steps:
Window7, 64bit
Katalon Studio; Version: 5.10.1; Build: 1
Chrome; Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Click-path #1: Recording NOT working
Test steps:
Using Chrome open Katalon & any Existing test project.
*Size does not seem to matter (we have 1mb, 2mb & 3mb+ projects)
Click File > New > Test Case
Input any Test Case name & click OK
Click “Record Web” & input the desired URL
Click on “Chrome (Recommended) from the New Browsers drop-down selector
Click on any objects that are needed for the new recording.
Result= Red outline on objects does NOT display & objects are NOT selected / captured.
Expected= Red outline on objects SHOULD display & objects SHOULD be selected / captured.

Click-path #2: Continue recording NOT working
Test steps:
Using Chrome open Katalon & any Existing test project.
Open any test case where the user wants to continue recording test steps.
Click “Record Web”.
Click “Yes, I do” for the “Do you want to continue recording test case: ‘Case name’?” question.
Click “Run all steps”.
Result= ‘Status PASSED [green]’ displays.
Click on any objects that are needed for the new recording.
Result= Red outline on objects does NOT display & objects are NOT selected / captured.
Expected= Red outline on objects SHOULD display & objects SHOULD be selected / captured.

Reverting to Katalon Studio, Version: 5.8.0, Build: 1 works as expected.

Thanks,
Dave
Katalon10.1.log (312.3 KB)

It’s still working in my side, something stranger here. In meanwhile, you can up-down old version of Katalon at this link: https://github.com/katalon-studio/katalon-studio/releases

Hi and thank you for your reply Alice,

Thank you for the link to previous versions, this will help in the future.

As I noted above we are using Katalon Studio, Version: 5.8.0, Build: 1 which is working as expected.

I did forget to mention that Recording & Continue Recording works as expected in Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.10.1 for new projects. We are only seeing the issue for existing projects.

I did notice some “webui.recorder” errors in both log files.

Best regards,
Dave

Hi Alice,

I have figured out the root cause of the recording issue.

It looks like recording with “Chrome Incognito” is the culprit.

Removing the “- - incognito” setting from “Project Settings > Desired Capabilities > Web UI > Chrome” solves the issue.

Adding the setting back in allows me to reproduce the same issue.

Hopefully this is not a big issue to fix as we use the “- - incognito” setting for all projects.

Thanks,
Dave

1 Like

Ohhh, so surprised, I didn’t use with “Chrome Incognito” case and I just tried with it… and ended up is cannot record by using Katalon.
At now, Katalon doesn’t support with “Chrome Incognito” because the addon will disable when recording with it.

Hi Alice,

Recording in Incognito mode worked in previous versions of Katalon. Are you saying that Recording in Incognito mode will not work in the newer versions of Katalon?

Thanks,
Dave

Which version do you use? And Which mode is chosen when recording? Active or New browser?

Hi Alice,
My test steps and version(s) are all listed at the top of my post.

Thanks,
Dave

I was able to resolve this issue after re-installing the latest version of Katalon.

Please close this ticket.

Thanks Alice for your help.

1 Like