None of the browser is capturing objects from katalon studio recorder

Tried with all browser but it doesn’t work. Browser os opening the url but not capturing any object in katalon studion recorder.

Using chrome 53.0

vaibhav yadav said:

Tried with all browser but it doesn’t work. Browser os opening the url but not capturing any object in katalon studion recorder.

Using chrome 53.0

Hi Vaibhav,

I have just tested both Katalon Automation Recorder and Katalon Studio Record Web feature with the latest Chrome. Both are working on my end. I’d suggest updating Chrome to the latest version and try again.

Let us know if you still have the problem.

Regards,
Liam

Hi,

First things first: Thanks for a phantastic product!

I think I may have a similar or related problem.

I am running

Katalon Studio 5.2.0 Build 1

Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10

Record and Spy Web work excellent when opening the browser from Katalon.

BUT: I cannot Record or Spy Web on ACTIVE BROWSERS.

1. I have a flow of 100 actions divided in 10 steps, click ‘next page’ 10 times.

2. If I open Chrome manually and run 5 “next page”, ACTIVE BROWSERS recognize the page.

3. If Katalon opens Chrome from a script until step 5 and I want to Record or Spy Web from that point on, Katalon will not recognize the Chrome it earlier opened itself, as an ACTIVE BROWSER.

4. If at the same time I open a new or it happens to be any other instance of a manually opened Chrome then Katalon will gladly recognize that one as ACTIVE BROWSER and will Record and Spy Web just fine.

a) I have Chrome as default browser in Windows 10

b) I have checked that there is only one version of Chrome installed.

c) Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) (manual)

Version 64.0.3282.119 (Official Build) (64-bit) (katalon)

Thanks a lot!

Claudinho

vaibhav yadav said:

Using chrome 53.0

How it worked for you. I have installed ver 5.4.2 and none of the browsers able to capture the objects. From the record web, only launch the selected browser with the URL and from there no object identified in Chrome, firefox and IE.

Firefox ver: 60.0.2 64 bit

Chrome ver: 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

IE: Unexpected Error while launching the browser, Enable protected mode.

Can anyone help me in resolving this issue.

Claudinho said:

Hi,

First things first: Thanks for a phantastic product!

I think I may have a similar or related problem.

I am running

Katalon Studio 5.2.0 Build 1

Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10

Record and Spy Web work excellent when opening the browser from Katalon.

BUT: I cannot Record or Spy Web on ACTIVE BROWSERS.

1. I have a flow of 100 actions divided in 10 steps, click ‘next page’ 10 times.

2. If I open Chrome manually and run 5 “next page”, ACTIVE BROWSERS recognize the page.

3. If Katalon opens Chrome from a script until step 5 and I want to Record or Spy Web from that point on, Katalon will not recognize the Chrome it earlier opened itself, as an ACTIVE BROWSER.

4. If at the same time I open a new or it happens to be any other instance of a manually opened Chrome then Katalon will gladly recognize that one as ACTIVE BROWSER and will Record and Spy Web just fine.

a) I have Chrome as default browser in Windows 10

b) I have checked that there is only one version of Chrome installed.

c) Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) (manual)

Version 64.0.3282.119 (Official Build) (64-bit) (katalon)

Thanks a lot!

Claudinho

Active Browsers from either Recorder or Spy can’t use current opened browsers from Katalon scripts, so that’s why you can’t do step #3 in this case

1 Like