[New Release] Announcing Katalon Studio 9.0.0

Feature img (in web)

Hi folks,

Today, we are excited to announce the release of Katalon Studio 9.0.0. This release introduces a significant revamp of Studio’s core libraries and also includes the addition of StudioAssist.

Read the article below to see what’s new with version 9.0.0 :point_down:

Please refer to our documentation below for a full release note of Katalon Studio version 9.0.0.

At Katalon, we are committed to providing you with the best possible comprehensive quality management platform to make your quality testing experience better with every release. Yet, sometimes there may still be some bugs that our Product team did not encounter during our internal testing.

Hence, from now till [date/time] we are running a mini bug bash activity where you will get a chance to earn an extra 75 Kudos for every valid bug that you found.

Whenever you encounter a bug in the specified period, simply:

1. Create a topic in Bugs Report → make sure to follow the pre-defined template as closely as you can.
  2. Include [KS 9.0.0] in your topic’s title
  3. Tag @albert.vu or @Elly_Tran into your topic.
  4. We will proceed to send in your topic to our Product team for review
  5. We will get back to you to see if your reported bug is valid or not after 3-4 days.
4 Likes

I don’t even see an option to upgrade… it says i’m upto date with v8.6.8. Don’t tell me I need to reinstall a new version of katalon?

1 Like

Tagging one of our Katalon Studio Product Manager here @xuan.tran who may be able to answer your question.

1 Like

@ashraf.madina is right, I am also not able to update new version from katalon studio update option

Great initiative ! this step will improve quality of product as well as user experiance :smiley:

Hi @ashraf.madina, @atul.rai,

Since 9.0.0 has some major changes regarding Java and framework upgrades, we’re not allowing in-app upgrade and recommend downloading 9.0.0 from the website.

Besides, when upgrading from 8.x to 9.0.0, you might need to perform some additional steps for a smooth transition. For more details, see Migrate Katalon Studio from 8.x to 9.0.0.

I hope this info will be helpful, and if you have any feedback using Studio 9.0.0, don’t hesitate to leave a comment and let us know.
Happy testing,
Xuan Tran

2 Likes

Please do not force us to open the Studio Assist web link when closing the popup. The popup is bad enough, but opening a web page when I click the X is beyond the pale.

1 Like

+1

I see this popup everytime I stop and restart the Katalon Studio v9.0.0.

Please do not ask me to “learn more here” repeatedly.

1 Like

Hi there @clif.molina and @kazurayam,

Thank you for voicing your opinions on the StudioAssist prompt, I will be tagging @xuan.tran from our Katalon Studio team here so that she could take your feedback into consideration.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, will there be a webinar on this?

I am using BDD, Can there be a step by step guide on how to upgrade to 9.0 please?

1 Like

Thanks @clif.molina and @kazurayam for your feedback, we’re really appreciate this and we’ll fix it in our upcoming releases.

Hi @naomy.arnold,
If you are using BDD, then this section will be helpful for you: Migrate Katalon Studio from 8.x to 9.0.0 | Katalon Docs

@xuan.tran

I added it here , however the CucumberGlueGenerator.addDefaultPackages(); is UNDERLINED. does that mean there is an issue?

• Is there anything else I need to do? Do I need to add @BeforeTestCase anywhere else?

• This is the ERROR I see now and I do not understand it… It was passing before this.

I have this exact same issue. Very strange that what we are required to add does not work.

Resolved it myself, I had to add
import com.kms.katalon.core.cucumber.keyword.internal.CucumberGlueGenerator

Nothing was documented for this requirement.

Dan

2 Likes

I downgraded since I could not find any documentation on this. I will go back to 9.0 and add this.

@danpoleary thank you

@Eve_2024 @katalonstudio6 Can you add more documentation for above please and let me know. Thank you

Tagging folks from our Technical Writing team here so they can look more into this @antoine.touch @hao.le and @marjorie.chua

Thank you for the heads up Albert! We’ve created a ticket with based on this feedback and will address it as soon as we can.

1 Like