Licensing confusion?

I had a question on the parallel sessions here
https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-analytics/docs/testops-packages.html#pricing-and-feature-comparisons

it says with business you get unlimited parallel sessions, so does this override your KRE licenses?? you only need 1 KRE and then have unlimited parallel sessions?

TestOps <> Katalon Studio (or KRE)

In my understanding, with a business licence for TestOps you can run as many session as you like in parallel (with the free licence you can have only one execution at a time)
However, for each session you need a valid KRE licence.

1 Like

@vu.tran
I saw you liked my comment, so here my suggestion for the tech-writers guys developing the documentation:

• be more explicit when describing the products you develop

Why?

• an orchestrator is just as the name says, it can run anything, provided is properly set. which TestOps seems to be …
  • an executor/agent/worker is just as the name said, a machine wherever some stuff run (can be a physically machine or a vm)
  • katalon studio and kre are applications, can run on whatever environment supported, provided are used properly

HI @anon46315158,

Thank you for your suggestions. It would help our Technical Writing team do better. I already sent your suggestions to the team.

Any further suggestions/recommendations/sharings are welcome and you can reach me here on forum or my email vu.tran@katalon.com.

Best.
Vu