Katalon Trial and Free Plans

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/trial-free-plans.html

Can I get the features like Object Spy and Object repository on free version?

Free trial version(katalon studio 7.x) is a joke… even the basic features like 'Debug, Run from here, etc ’ are disabled… Good bye Katalon… :frowning:

#AlwaysSelenium #NotKatalon

6 Likes

Agreed with Roshin, the free trial version of katalon studio is like a rubbish, cannot do anything with it.

I’d rather using others license tool than paying for katalon.

Where is their commitment to community?
I remember about their owner, KMS has said about the contributor to tester community

And now what we got?

3 Likes

Seriously…!! How can they remove Debug. I’ve used Katalon since early 2017 and can’t believe they removed such basic feature. Good Bye Katalon.

3 Likes

Very True … Katalon Free version does not support MS SQL server connection :frowning: What …

Selenium is still Best! I started using Katalon and want to connect to MS SQL server to execute some Test case … I got error Please upgrade to Enterprise version !!! Phew … Will use Katalon for GUI automation and Selenium for DB testing. Have to maintain 2 Frameworks now :frowning:

so what we get for free version ?

We were already using the free version but are interested in trying the trial licences. This article says that the trial is automatically activated when Katalon is first installed. How do existing users activate the trial licences please?

Hi @jeremy.harris

Each Katalon account registered with a business email is eligible for a 30-day trial of both Katalon Studio Enterprise and Katalon Runtime Engine. If you already have a Katalon account with your personal email, I recommend you to create a new one with your work email.

Happy Testing

Jass