Please let us know what you are using Katalon Studio for?
- I have currently applied Katalon Studio in my project
How would your work be affected if this issue has not been resolved?
- I can continue my job, but my performance is lower than expected
- macOS Monterey 12.1
Katalon Studio Version
Katalon Studio logs
I have made a demo project at GitHub
- Open the Test Cases/TC1. It creates a file in the project directory.
File f = new File("./data.txt") f.text = "Hello, world"
- Run the testcase
- Tests Explorer in Katalon Studio GUI does not show the added file automatically
- Click the pane of Tests Explorer, right click to show the drop down menu, select “Reflesh”
- After “Refresh”, still the added file is not shown .
- Close the project, and reopen it. Then the added file is finally recognized and showed.
I have been aware of this bug for 4 years. This is too basic, too trivial to report. I hoped it would be fixed by Katalon team without any bug report from users. But this problem survived long time. Finally Jan 2022 I decided to report this as a bug.
Katalon Studio does not recognise externally added files automatically at all. It is a shame. This makes me feel your product an unprofessional toy. You know, Visual Studio Code does, IntelliJ IDEA does.