While running Test Suite, set each test name from Data Excel

Hi All,

I am running a Test Suite which uses Data Driven Testing. I have an excel, for each row I call a test case.

In excel my row is like below:
S#|Test Case Name | Input | Expected Output
1| Test Case 1 | 1

2| Test Case 2| 2 | 2

In my test reports, I want that each run should be called by Test Cases Name. So, first row should be called Test Case 1, second should be called Test Case 2 in above example.

Please advise on how to achieve this. Thanks.

while running test suite set each test name from data excel

I don’t think it is achievable.

A Test Suite can have a fixed set of predefined Test Cases with fixed names in a fixed sequence. A Test Suite can not be dynamic at all.

1 Like

Do you know a keyword WebUI.callTestCase()

This allows a Test Case to call other Test Cases. Your “Caller Test Case” can dynamically compose a set of callee Test Cases using WebUI.callTestCase().

However, you may find this approach unsatisfactory when you see the reports and error messages. From the reporting and diagnostics point of view, Katalon Studio only knows the name of the caller Test Case. All of the callee modules are not visible. The names of callee modules will never appear in the test report at all.

Resurrecting this item as it’s relevant to a challenge I’m now facing - isn’t this what the “Set Test Name” dropdown is supposed to be doing?

If so it’s not working because (as you’ve stated) the test report only shows the name of the calling test case & suite, I’m thus trying to figure out what this dropdown is actually for:

A change has been made.

https://docs.katalon.com/docs/execute/katalon-runtime-engine/create-dynamic-test-suite-at-runtime

This feature requires

• version 7.8.2 and newer
  • payed Enterprise license

I don’t know. I have never touched it. I don’t do “Data-driven testing” much.

Well, thanks for the heads-up, as I didn’t see this new feature myself! I went off and looked for documentation - see if you’re missing anything?
Specify iteration names in data-driven testing reports | Katalon Docs

Was expecting to see them in the TestOps reports as well (from test suites), but per the doco you provided that’s not the case

Doesn’t seem to be a thing yet - perhaps raise as a Feature Request?