When upgrade to 5.7 to 5.8 ketalon studio all my test cases was deleted , how i can revert back it

Hi Team,

I am saving my project in katalon studio folder until yesterday. today morning I saw the alert message to update. so I have updated and the project was auto-saved and installed a new version. it was launched there were no files in a project … only folders appear.

my Project( Pasti) folder and subfolders only appear inside all files empty
- test cases
- object repository
- test suite
- reports

is there any solution to get back my project/files.

folder stored ketalon studio 1.JPG

folder stored ketalon studio 2.JPG

folder stored ketalon studio 3.JPG

folder stored ketalon studio 5.JPG

folder stored ketalon studio 4.JPG

folder stored ketalon studio.JPG

Hi prakasam,

Stored project on another folder better than that for the building project. When you upgrade build folder was changed by new version folder and your project will disappear…

Are you use git to check out project? Apply this statement to revert “git reset --hard” …

Alice said:

Hi prakasam,

Stored project on another folder better than that for the building project. When you upgrade build folder was changed by new version folder and your project will disappear…

Are you use git to check out project? Apply this statement to revert “git reset --hard” …

thanks for your advice. I learned yesterday for that. … I did not configure git …

I had changed that I did not commit yesterday so I’ve lost all of my work? Why can’t 5.5.6 recognize the files on my user drive as a project? I can see them, it did not delete them, they are there but I keep getting an error message ‘project not found’.

fyi, it will open a smaller one, just not the big one we use EVERY day! thanks!!

fyi, it will open a smaller one, just not the big one we use EVERY day! thanks!!

Did you use custom folder location for your project? I think I have default location for my projects under C:/Users//Katalon Studio, and then the folder is not affected by Katalon updates.
Its also a must to backup your work frequently to prevent such situations.