What type of License does Katalon Recorder have?

Hoping Apache 2.0 ?

Also, is all the information stored on the PC, meaning nothing sent to the cloud, or any 3rd parties, or anywhere else?

The last section on this page has answers to all of your questions.

Thanks but I don’t see any of the answers on the link – I checked again and again:

" * Is Katalon Recorder available for commercial use?

Katalon Recorder is free to use on any projects (commercial or not) of yours. But it’s prohibited for you to sell/redistribute/decode Katalon Recorder." <= does not answer about the license type.

Also “Also, is all the information stored on the PC, meaning nothing sent to the cloud, or any 3rd parties, or anywhere else?” <= can’t see that this is answered either – this is a quick start guide - the work license does not appear on the page.

:frowning:

Here’s the information you need about the license

Also, since Katalon Recorder is now open source, you could download the project and inspect the code.
Yes, I know, a bit of a pain :frowning_face:, especially if you’re not a programmer, but at least that option is there.

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME :slight_smile: THANK YOU

Part of KR source code belongs to other Apache 2.0 project. The remaining is licensed under our own license.

In general, you can use KR from browser stores as long as you won’t resell or repackage it into your software. You can modify KR source code for your work, share your modifications on Github in source code form, but you cannot use it to build products competing with Katalon solutions.

If you only need a tool to test your software, rest assured that there is no legal trap with KS or KR.

2 Likes