Katalon polls activation servers in the background in order to make sure someone isn’t getting something they didn’t pay for. This polling routinely fails (somehow this is a problem in Katalon, not the activation server or the network).
It happens every time after your computer goes into sleep mode and (for me at least) every 15 minutes regardless.
Katalon support recommends EVERYONE not use the current version of Katalon (8.2.5). They have made it clear that they DO NOT intend to issue a critical bug fix. From Katalon support:
“We plan to add a retry option when the connection to the licensing server fails in upcoming releases.”
- The problem will be addressed in a release as if it were a minor bugfix and not the critical, work-stoppage flaw.
- The recommended fix is to DO NOT USE THE CURRENT VERSION OF KATALON because it is broken.
- The problem only exists because Katalon needs to make sure, EVERY FIVE MINUTES that you are not stealing precious minutes of their flavor of Eclipse.
Other recommended fixes that do not solve the problem:
- Check you internet connection
- Don’t let your computer go to sleep.
- Use offline license. (Did not resolve the issue in my experience.)
- Don’t use their current product.
- Wait for the next minor or feature release.