This session has been terminated due to?

staff-20

This is extremely annoying:

Due to what?

I expect Katalon to run 24/7 unattended. I have seen no documentation that suggests otherwise.

Please fix urgently.

Katalon 7.0.4
Win 10

Note: KS 7.0.4 in Win7 seems unaffected.

(@ThanhTo, @devalex88)

Katalon Studio Enterprise 30 day trial not expiring
Expired License error

Clue: The Win 10 system needs to drop it’s ip connection which I believe has caused the issue. My guess: Katalon needs to remain connected “live” while in use.

That’s a poor coding decision guys. Please find another way.

The original dialog said “Katalon Studio will automatically close in 5 minutes after you click Acknowledge.”

I did NOT click the Acknowledge button, I clicked the close button. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A dialog is a contract between the user and the software.

Software should not conspire to trap the user. (me, c. 1995) :sunglasses: :innocent:

Come on guys, you can do better than this!

looks like an exception is not properly catched/treated.
@Russ_Thomas nice catch!

Any updates for this issue? its very frustating

Katalon 7.0.8 downloaded and installed THREE days ago:

@devalex88 please tell me this is fixed in v7.0.9

My trial of KSE has elapsed and I have been getting a pop-up that indicates my license has been terminated, but I cannot get my installation to revert from KSE to KS. When I open Katalon back up, the About section indicates that I still have 30 minutes left on my 30-day KSE trial, and after about an hour I get the same pop-up. How do I get back to just Katalon Studio?

Hey everyone!

I have been running my Katalon suites for a while now on console mode, and today I got this error:

It’s an expired license error. Now, I know that Katalon has recently made the unfortunate change to monetize the runtime engine, but it worked fine up until now.

I am not completely sure if this is my fault for making a typo somewhere or if it’s something that has to do with Katalon studio. I didn’t even know I had a license up until now.

I’d like to hear if you guys ran into similar problems, and if someone knows the answer!

Thanks in advance ! :slight_smile:

Hi. Do you have internet connection at that time. There is an acknowledged bug with about dialog - your trial will end on 11/22/2019.

@devalex88, The internet connection was good and I was in the middle of working. Additionally, I do not have a license for Enterprise, so shouldn’t my install switch to basic Katalon Studio when my trial of KSE is complete? Is there a place where I can directly download Katalon Studio instead of the trial version of KSE?

I guess it’s their way to say we don’t want you to use the free version. We are running suites that are 4 hours long, and I can’t run them anymore. I had to downgrade to version 6 to be able to use Katalon again. Sigh…

@isabelle.tennant, has it been stable? We attempted this and it did not play well with the newest Chrome version.

You have to update your chrome version by going to “Tools” -> “Update Chrome drivers” and that fixes the issue. The chrome driver that came with 6.3.3 was old. I did have to reclone the project because the way they autogenerate the files in the lib folder is different in 7.0.

We did attempt that, but still had Chrome issues. I’ll give it another shot though and see if we missed something. Temporary solution that might hold us over for a while.

Guys,

I agree there is a lot of confusion here - I’m suffering it myself. I downloaded 7.0.9 yesterday and it terminated three hours later. I takes me half an hour to alter preferences to suit my prefs - very annoying. However…

This issue is being addressed, I can assure you it has been tagged internally.

Meanwhile, I’m closing this thread in the hope that 7.0.10++ improve matters.

Thanks everyone.

(FYI: @devalex88, @ThanhTo)

Hi. There isn’t such logic in our source code. If you have any issue, please create a new topic and we will support you.

Do you share your account with any other user? Non-paid accounts can have only one session at a time (but you can register for more accounts at any time).

Guys,

I agree there is a lot of confusion here - I’m suffering it myself. I downloaded 7.0.9 yesterday and it terminated three hours later. I takes me half an hour to alter preferences to suit my prefs - very annoying. However…

This issue is being addressed, I can assure you it has been tagged internally.

Meanwhile, I’m closing this thread in the hope that 7.0.10++ improve matters.

Thanks everyone.

(FYI: @devalex88, @ThanhTo)

I understand. Do we have any response to the question about being able to download KS without the KSE trial until they fix this issue?

That’s the way it’s packaged right now. However, @devalex88 says if you activate it using a non-work email address, it should work: