Katalon Studio is unresponsive

I have just downloaded version 8.2.0 for Windows, extracted it to a folder and started the program and it’s unresponsive. The app opens fine, I’m able to submit my credentials, but after that I can’t do anything. There’s no error message, but no matter where I click, I get the windows error sound, and nothing happens with the program at all. I can’t even click the X to close the program, I have to use Task Manager to quit the program. I’m not sure what’s going on. This has been a problem for me for a while, and I thought I’d give it another shot in the new year, but no dice.

In the attached log file, there are errors relating to eclipse (which I don’t have installed).
log-file.txt (7.6 KB)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to try out Katalon to see if it’s better than our current automation solution.

@duyluong @ThanhTo

@tfilion Those guys I called out are in Vietnam so a response might take an overnight wait. In the meantime…

Did you try a separate install? Leave the old non-functioning copy in place, download another one, unzip and run.

Make sure the app is NOT installed in a Windows protected folder – we don’t want to be chasing permissions issues.