I have to QA a .jsp website. The website works just fine… until I spy/record it with Katalon. When I do so, instead of showing me the website normally, I can only see empty divs. No images, no textboxes, nothing. When I try to record with the add-on (Katalon Automation Recorder), everything works fine but Katalon Studio doesn’t want to cooperate.
I’m pretty sure the problem comes from Katalon not being able to “see” what’s on a .jsp page. I’ve looked online for libraries or other such things to add that option, but I’ve found nothing. The fact that googling “Katalon .jsp page” yields no result means either I’m the only person that hasn’t found a way around it or that nobody reported that problem. I hope it’s the latter.
When spying/recording a .jsp page with Katalon, the page appears to be empty. ## OS (Windows 10? OSX Sierra?): Windows 7 Professionnal
## Katalon Studio Version (4.7?, 220.127.116.11?):
## Katalon Studio logs:
Windows (\config\.metadata\.log): No logs
## Environment (for Web testing) Browser (Internet Explorer 11? Firefox 52? Chrome 62?):
Chrome 63.0.3239.132, Firefox Quantum 57.0.4
## Steps to reproduce -
1. Open Katalon Studio
2. Spy or Record Web
3. Write a .jsp page as Starting URL
4. Start spying Since I’m unable to provide such an SSCCE or reproduce this problem with jsfiddle, I did not include those. However the problem will be shown clearly by the screenshots.
## Expected Behavior -
The webpage shows up correctly just like it does without running a spy/record on Katalon
## Actual Behavior -
The webpage shows up and all the content disappears from it, leaving only some empty
## Screenshots / Videos
Result images: https://imgur.com/a/lkUeD There are two images joined. The top one shows the expected display. The bottom one shows the actual result. However, even on the bottom one, when you inspect the page, you can see the textboxes and images.
I’m not sure if this is enough information, I’ll be happy to provide with more if needed.
Thank you very much for your help,