There are some tips may be helpful for Windows users who want to boost your Katalon Studio performance
- Open Windows → Katalon Studio Preferences
- In General, check on show Heap Status. The heap status will show at the bottom of the IDE
- Click on the recycle bin icon to tell Studio to free up memory
Exclude Katalon Studio installed package and Katalon Studio project if you are using Windows Defender or some anti-virus programs
Eclipse, Eclipse RCP based application, IntelliJ and other Java programs are significantly slowed down by Windows Defender. This problem is mentioned when you download a new Eclipse IDE: New & Noteworthy - Eclipse IDE | The Eclipse Foundation
- Ask your InfoSec team to review Katalon Studio installed package then grant the permissions to exclude Katalon Studio
- Open Windows settings.
- Search for “Virus & threat protection” and open it.
- Now click on “Manage settings” under “Virus & threat protection settings” section.
- Now click “Add or remove exclusions” under “Exclusions” section.
- Now click “Add an exclusion” then select “Folder”
- Point to Katalon Studio installed folder and your Katalon Studio project directory and press “Select Folder”
Start Page brings news, license information that is really helpful. However, if you want to focus on the test cases and related artifact only, just close unnecessary tabs.
Of course, you can reopen Start Page by clicking on Help → Start Page