Katalon run slowly after my update!

Hi,

Am working in Project with katalon studio, after updating to version 8.6.8 my katalon studion take a lot of time to launching the test suit.

Please any help ?

2 Likes

Hi there Asma, :wave:

Welcome to Katalon Community!

Several other members have ran into this issue before, you can read the topics below for more insights on how to resolve it :point_down:

Let us know if the topics above helps. Thanks! :+1:

And…

2 Likes

Try allocating more RAM to KATALON and see how it goes.

To do so, please navigate to the “Applications” folder on your PC and right click on Katalon Studio, then “Show Package Contents”. Within the “Contents” > “Eclipse” folder, open the file called “katalon.ini” in your preferred text editor. Finally, change the line “-Xmx2048m” to “-Xmx4096m”. This will increase the RAM allocation for Katalon Studio.

I think in KS v9.0 it’s “-Xms256m” … you can double that to “-Xms512m”

Xms (starting heapsize) can be usually safely set as half of Xmx (max heapsize)
In certain scenario, setting xms equal to xmx may help even more (will make garbage collector more lazy but may increase the overall performance if the total execution takes not too long and /or does not accumulate plenty garbage, when the collector will actually help)
Heapsize settings in java is more like an art than an exact science.

Hello Albert, this doesn’t solve my problem unfortunately. I can’t modify the exclusion in my PC, i havent permission

Hello Ashraf, this doesn’t solve my problem unfortunately.

I believe @duyluong, the author of the topic that Russ shared will be able to help you with your lack of permission to modify the exclusion. Please give him some times to respond to this thread. Thanks

1 Like

@asma.jelassi,

Hello Albert, this doesn’t solve my problem unfortunately. I can’t modify the exclusion in my PC, i havent permission

You should request your IT helpdesk to support in this case

Am working in Project with katalon studio, after updating to version 8.6.8 my katalon studion take a lot of time to launching the test suit.

Does your test suite contains any test data?
How many test cases are there?
How long does it take to launch your test suite?

Hello,
I have test data in default and in excel file,
There is not a lot
Before the update it take > 5 min to run, now it’s over 25 min :roll_eyes:

@asma.jelassi

Can you share the test suite file with me?
Which is your data source type? Excel, DB or CSV?
Does it take 25 minutes to launch or 25 minutes to complete the test?

@duyluong it’s not me having the issue… @asma.jelassi he probably meant this for you

1 Like