Running tests using Sauce Connect Proxy doesn't work in Katalon 6.1.0+

We have been running Katalon tests on SauceLabs successfully for the past several months. We use the Sauce Connect Proxy for testing internal sites. All of those tests run fine using Katalon Studio version 5.10.0 or 5.10.1. In Katalon Studio 6.1.0 and 6.1.1 beta, those tests are unable to connect to our internal sites through the Sauce Connect Proxy.

We noticed that in version 6.1.0, Katalon is automatically adding the following property to the desired capabilities that get passed to Sauce Labs:

proxy: {
   proxyType: direct
}

We can reproduce the issue in version 5.10.1 by explicitly adding that as a desired capability:

Is this capability necessary? Can it be removed in the next release of Katalon? Is there a way to disable it in version 6.1.0?

3 Likes

Hi Ryan, I am facing same issue with v6.1.0
did you raise an incident for the above issue. Did you receive any reply.

I’ve found a workaround for my situation. I added in Katalon’s Settings the “proxy” capability empty.

2 Likes

Same issue here with Katalon 7.0.5

Thanks a bunch for this response - this workaround solved this exact issue for me as well. Apparently Katalon’s implicit proxy argument override SauceLabs’ default behavior of using the Sauce Connect proxy when no proxy is explicitly provided. I wish the @Katalon team would take a look at this and consider removing the default proxy argument in future Katalon versions so that this workaround would no longer be necessary. This is a pretty subtle gotcha that is only really visible in the SauceLabs logs since Katalon doesn’t even display the proxy argument in the console output for the remote webdriver connection:

START Test Cases/Scenarios/My Test Case
User set preference: [‘browserName’, ‘chrome’]
User set preference: [‘platform’, ‘Windows 10’]
User set preference: [‘screenResolution’, ‘1920x1080’]
User set preference: [‘build’, ‘BuildName’]
User set preference: [‘name’, ‘TestName’]
Connecting to remote web server ‘https://********:********@ondemand.saucelabs.com:443/wd/hub’ with type ‘Selenium’

Or if the proxy is required in some scenarios, it would be good to at least display it in the logs to make troubleshooting this issue easier for people trying to use Katalon with SauceLabs in the future.

Hi @federico.ruiz1 ,

Are you able to run the katalon tests from katalon command line on sauce labs with katalon 6.1.0 version?Thanks in advance

Hello @rohith.reddy.gangasa, I haven’t really tried. I was able to make it work from version 7.5 to latest