Preferences are not preserved when upgrading Katalon Studio

When I upgrade Katalon Studio on mac by dragging the new version to my applications folder and overwriting the old version, my Katalon Studio preferences are lost. For instance, my default browser preference as well as my test case view preference are lost after upgrading.

2 Likes

Agreed. Although, I installed side-by-side (call me chicken) and imported settings. Didnā€™t work despite what the docs say:

I hope someone fixes this and http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/5525/ks-5-3-1-tabs-spaces-settings-broken

Katalon Project Settings - Katalon Studio - Katalon Documentation - Mozilla Firefox 2018-03-09 14.55.08.jpg

1 Like

Hi all,

Can you know any settings are not imported in this case?

Regards

Hi Vinh

Itā€™s not easy to say for certain whatā€™s missing since the application and the docs are not consistent about the naming. In KS, the menus talk about:

1 - Project Settings
2 - Katalon Studio Preferences

The docs talk about:

1 - Import Settings
2 - ā€œkeeping preferences settingā€

For me, I lost my ā€œKatalon Studio Preferencesā€ as mentioned here: http://forum.katalon.com/discussion/5525/ks-5-3-1-tabs-spaces-settings-broken#latest

1 Like

Russ Thomas said:

Hi Vinh

Itā€™s not easy to say for certain whatā€™s missing since the application and the docs are not consistent about the naming. In KS, the menus talk about:

1 - Project Settings
2 - Katalon Studio Preferences

The docs talk about:

1 - Import Settings
2 - ā€œkeeping preferences settingā€

For me, I lost my ā€œKatalon Studio Preferencesā€ as mentioned here: KS 5.3.1 Tabs/Spaces settings broken - Katalon Studio - Katalon Community

Hi Russ,

Tabs settings will be fixed in the next release. Regard to ā€˜Import Settingsā€™, Iā€™ve double checked and see only Preferences within Katalon menu is imported, so other items besides Katalon menu will not be carried as well.

This just happened on update 5.8.6. I lost all my code coloring preferences, git integration, etcā€¦ all the katalon preferences. Where is this file(s) so I can make sure to keep a backup copy?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.