Export/Import Katalon Studio Preferences and Editor Settings

Now that KS is being updated seemingly on a weekly basis, upgrading is turning into chore only because recreating my prefs is taking so much of my time.

EDIT: I’m moving this topic to BUG Reports - it’s a serious UX problem (for me at least).

In the meantime, is there a way to copy/paste, export/import prefs between KS versions? Can someone post a topic under Tips &Tricks that will help here?

4 Likes

I believe there is an option under File menu that let you import existing preferences of another Katalon Studio version.

1 Like

Thanks Vinh.

I’m not sure what that does exactly but it doesn’t do what I’m asking for. :frowning:

1 Like

I’m re-categorizing this as a UX bug. It really is a pain point when upgrading and not something I should be suffering.

1 Like

And I’m still suffering this.

@devalex88 @ThanhTo - guys, can we get some official traction on this?

3 Likes

I am also facing same trouble i want to export the preferences setting to another KS.

it’s very simple to export preference ==> save config folder “Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-6.3.2\config”
it could be import in another environnement “File>import setting”

1 Like

I tried your approach @leroyfal but it is not helpful:disappointed_relieved: for me.

When you working on the IDE, you dont keep another so you can import settings from… you want an Export settings so you can import it later after an upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.