KS 5.3.1 Tabs/Spaces settings broken

Hi Guys

I just upgraded to 5.3.1 Build 1. KS is inserting Tabs even though I have it set like so. These settings worked in the previous build.

Snipping Tool 2018-03-09 07.23.23.jpg

1 Like

Is someone going to report this? Add a ticket? it’s so annoying I’m considering moving back to the previous version.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your information. We just want to claim don’t have any changes to that ‘Text Editors’ settings.

Do you have a screenshot showing the actual result you are facing?

Regards

Sorry Vinh, I could have been more clear in my first report.

The settings I’m using are as the image I posted. KS is insisting on using TABS (not spaces) and they’re set to 4-space width.

Since making the report, I have figured out a solution: I edited Preferences → Java → Code Style → Formatter like so:

I did not need to do this in the previous version of KS, I only needed to modify the settings like the first image above. The KS General → Editors → Text Editors settings have no effect – shouldn’t they override the eclipse settings?

Thanks
Russ

Profile ‘Eclipse [RGT]’ 2018-03-13 10.52.18.jpg

1 Like

Hi Russ,

The test case is the groovy file. And, it will apply all settings as groovy editor.

However, all settings are inherited from Java Formatter. So, the script code applied the format which you configured in Java > Code Style > Formatter.

For more details : Spaces vs. Tabs in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

Thank you,
Thai Tran

image.png

Sorry, Thai, I am not following you here at all. I understand the tabs/spaces settings are inherited from the Java Formatter settings. But, the general settings (see my first post) should override them, I believe. In the previous version of KS , all I needed to do was change the general settings. In 5.3.1, I need to modify the settings in the Java formatter.

So, if the new way of doing it is the right way of doing it, what are the general tabs/spaces settings for now?

The way for KMS to solve this is to decide what the code should do, then test that it does do what it should do, then document it properly.

If I understand what I think you are trying to explain to me… and if I understand what the code is actually doing in 5.3.1… the general setting has no meaningful purpose.

Thanks
Russ

This is still a problem even after upgrading to 5.4.2

None of my settings came across.

1 Like

How do I revert to get back all my katalon preferences? 5.8.6 update wiped them out

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.