My first Test failed I don`t know why

Hello there,

Ive made the decision to try out Katalon but I have some serious probelms. I would be very thankful if someone could help me. So, i created my first very basic API-Test but it dont work as shown in YouTube.

These are the configurations in YouTube as soon as I click on the “Test Request” it dosent`t work:

java.net.UnknownHostException: thomas-bayer.com
at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.response(RestfulClient.java:192)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.sendRequest(RestfulClient.java:97)
at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.send(RestfulClient.java:59)
at com.kms.katalon.controller.WebServiceController.sendRequest(WebServiceController.java:113)
at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.RestServicePart$6.run(RestServicePart.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

Katalon shows me this here. So how can I fix the problem?

Thank you for your help!

Greetings, Vedat

Are you using a proxy server?

hello,

ping this host
thomas-bayer.com
are you able to connect it?

ping thomas-bayer.com

Hello,
yes I am using a proxy server. Is there any problem with that?

Hello,
no i cant connect to thomas-bayer.com. I am getting this error: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: thomas-bayer.com at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.sendRequest(RestfulClient.java:74) at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.RestfulClient.send(RestfulClient.java:59) at com.kms.katalon.controller.WebServiceController.sendRequest(WebServiceController.java:113) at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.RestServicePart$6.run(RestServicePart.java:185) at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119) Its the same error.

You should use http(s) protocol in URL.

oh, forgot it sorry, but there is still the same error

No, it’s not a problem, you just need to tell Katalon about your proxy:

1.) Open Window > Katalon Studio Preferences > Katalon > Proxy:

2.) Under “Proxy Option”, select “Use system proxy configuration”, and click Apply. This should work, but if it doesn’t, try the next step:

3.) Under “Proxy Option”, select “Manual Proxy Configuration”, and enter all fields with your proxy info, including username/password, if any, and click Apply.

1 Like

Thanks man now it is working

1 Like