KRE licensing/proxy issues

Hi there,

I’m currently evaluating KSE and KRE with a trial online license for both to see whether it’s worth moving to v7.2.x from v6.1.4.x.

Our evaluation with KSE is going well, currently we haven’t really run into any issues. The only thing that we found is that we needed to to set up a proxy to access the license and the basic reporting plugin. Additionally we needed to use the proxy excludes option to add some domains for the applications under test.

When moving to evaluate KRE on the same machine, I get the following error/info messages

C:\work\Katalon_Studio_Engine_Windows_64-7.2.1>katalonc -noSplash -runMode=console -consoleLog -projectPath="C:\develop\git-repos\mits-it-security\katalon-testing-iam\katalon-testing-iam.prj" -retry=0 -testSuitePath="Test Suites/Scheduled/ChangePhoneNumberWc" -executionProfile="ENV_QS" -browserType="Firefox" -apiKey="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
Katalon workspace folder is set to default location: C:\Users\ADMAOR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\session-570e3da8
Starting Groovy-Eclipse compiler resolver. Specified compiler level: unspecified
173 2.4.7.xx-201611170128-e46 = ACTIVE

INFO: Katalon Version: 7.2.1
INFO: Command-line arguments: -runMode=console -projectPath=C:\develop\git-repos\mits-it-security\katalon-testing-iam\katalon-testing-iam.prj -retry=0 -testSuitePath=Test Suites/Scheduled/ChangePhoneNumberWc -executionProfile=ENV_QS -browserType=Firefox -apiKey=******
INFO: User working dir: C:\work\Katalon_Studio_Engine_Windows_64-7.2.1
INFO: Error log: C:/Users/admaorange/AppData/Local/Temp/2/session-570e3da8/.metadata/.log
INFO: Katalon TestOps server URL: https://analytics.katalon.com
INFO: Katalon Store server URL: https://store.katalon.com
INFO: User home: C:\Users\admaorange
INFO: Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
INFO: Java version: 1.8.0_181
INFO: Local OS: Windows Server 2016 64bit
INFO: CPU load: 0%
INFO: Total memory: 65535 MB
INFO: Free memory: 58149 MB
INFO: Machine ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Activating...

Start activating offline...
Search for valid offline licenses in folder: C:\Users\admaorange\.katalon\license
The number of valid offline licenses: 0
Offline activation failed.
Start activating online...
Cannot connect to Katalon TestOps server. Please check your Internet connection and try again.

All launchers terminated

i’m assuming the KRE is not picking up the proxy information from

config\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.kms.katalon.execution.prefs

Is that correct?

We need the KRE running in our evaluation before we can get the GO to buy the licenses. Could you please let me know what I’m doing wrong, or what I need to do to get the KRE working?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Hi @autom

KRE does not use the same proxy information as KSE. Instead, it uses proxy information passed into the command line. Please refer to this documentation:

And let me know if passing the correct information helps. It’s also worth noting that you should avoid copying/pasting from another text editor, as it may drag along invisible illegal characters. It’s best to type in the proxy parameters by hand.

Excellent, thank you this works.

At the end of the execution, I now get the following exception, so KRE doesn’t seem to be finalizing the execution cleanly.

Start writing execution.uuid file to folder: C:\develop\git-repos\mits-it-security\katalon-testing-iam\Reports\20200122_085353\Scheduled\ChangePhoneNumberWc\20200122_085353
Start generating JUnit report folder at: C:\develop\git-repos\mits-it-security\katalon-testing-iam\Reports\20200122_085353\Scheduled\ChangePhoneNumberWc\20200122_085353...
JUnit report were generated at folder: C:\develop\git-repos\mits-it-security\katalon-testing-iam\Reports\20200122_085353\Scheduled\ChangePhoneNumberWc\20200122_085353
For real-time monitoring and better reporting capabilities please integrate this project with Katalon TestOps (more details at https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-analytics/docs/integration-with-katalon-studio.html#enable-integration)
Sending report to email: [identity-]...
System is unable to email report. Reason: org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ``''
        at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.createInternetAddress(Email.java:1920)
        at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.setFrom(Email.java:749)
        at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.setFrom(Email.java:732)
        at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.initEmail(MailUtil.java:80)
        at com.kms.katalon.execution.util.MailUtil.sendSummaryMail(MailUtil.java:118)
        at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReportEmail(ReportableLauncher.java:244)
        at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.sendReport(ReportableLauncher.java:214)
        at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ReportableLauncher.preExecutionComplete(ReportableLauncher.java:132)
        at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.ProcessLauncher.onWatchdogComplete(ProcessLauncher.java:194)
        at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.notifyProcessTerminated(LaunchWatchdog.java:136)
        at com.kms.katalon.execution.launcher.LaunchWatchdog.run(LaunchWatchdog.java:66)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Illegal address in string ``''
        at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.<init>(InternetAddress.java:94)
        at org.apache.commons.mail.Email.createInternetAddress(Email.java:1895)

Have you seen this problem before? Must it be avoided? If so, how?

Thank you!

Hi @autom

It looks like the email part is wrong. Please go to Project > Settings > Email to see if you enabled the option and any field is missing.

How do the settings in KSE have an impact on tests executed using the KRE? I thought now they were separate executables?

I’m not using the email functionality at all and is all set exactly as it came with the product. Can I enforce the KRE to ignore email, or not to check for any settings?

Hi @autom,

The email setting affects the project, which will be picked up by both KSE and RE. It won’t affect much, just annoying log messages. But if you haven’t configured any email setting then you shouldn’t see this. Can you provide the screenshot of the email setting ?

Hi @ThanhTo,

OK, there was something in the recipient field, …but I never added it, …it wasn’t an email address, it was something else. I forget now as I’ve already deleted it.

But once I deleted it, correct, the exception no longer comes when executing from the cmd line using the KRE. Thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction, I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Andy

1 Like