Katalon Studio Licensing

Hello @hcidtester25

Can you let me know if your machine ID is fixed or dynamic?

Jass

thanks for reply, @Jass

i have 3 Machines ID and its FIXED.

hi team
our team are considering purchasing a KRE license. but we are confused of which type of KRE license should be choose.
1.Do we have to purchase Floating license if we want to execute tests in Docker.
2.What does ā€œOne license is assigned to one execution sessionā€ mean? do we need to buy many license if we run a lot test suite in the same time in docker?
3.Does KRE supports the same features as KSE(like self-healing)?

Hello @muzi711900

Please reach out to business@katalon.com for timely support.

Jass

@Jass Hi, I wanna ask somethin about License. How we can use 1 license for 3 account(machine) with floating license?

Hi @mrdhwnkml

A floating license can be shared by 3 accounts (you can assign one license to 3 people) yet thereā€™s still only one active session at a time. One use case of floating license is for example, there are 3 members in your team working in 3 different timezones. To maximize the license usage, you want them to share 01 license only. With a node-locked license, you have to manually remove and assign them time after time while with a floating license, you donā€™t have to do it.

Jass

@Jass Oh I see, sounds good. Thankā€™s for the answer. :blush:

1 Like

I have a question regarding license and usage. We had started using Katalon for about 1.5 years and when we had originally signed up the license structure was different. We currently have one KSE license and one ā€œKatalon Runtime Engine Devopsā€. When I look at license utilization in Test Ops, it appears to only be using the KSE license despite executing tests via jenkins/docker/cli. I would imagine that the jenkins executed tests should be using a Floating License of some sort but perhaps we need to update our licenses. Who should I talk to for a fix?

If you already have KSE/KRE license, then the quickest way to receive dedicated support is through our Zendesk support system

Our project has used KATALON in the past and we recently purchased floating licenses. Users have been added to the Organization but attempts to add licensed users is blocked by inactive ā€œAddā€ button.
Please advise.

Hi @rdeleon

As can be seen from the message, please invite users to your Organization first then assign a license to that person.

Jass