Katalon lincese

Hi Team,

I really confused with license. Could you please provide some information on
1)How the KSE/KRE lincese linked with machine ID? or Business mail id or normal id?
2)If i am activated katalon with normal mail id How many days license will support to me?
3)If License linked with Machine ID?How many days or runs I can execute from command line?

Thanks,
Kumar.

Hi @kumaraswamy.mekala

1/ When you include API key in your command line and execute it using Runtime Engine, it will use the API key to authenticate your account with our TestOps server. If you have an organization that has a valid RE license, it will bind to the current machine that you’re executing tests on.

2/ A business email is eligible for 30-day trial of KSE and RE. After that you must purchase the license to continue. A non-business email is not eligible for 30-day trial, although if you purchase the licenses then we may grant licenses on such an email.

3/ A RE license will provide you with one execution on one machine, two RE licenses will provide you with two concurrent executions on one machine or two executions on two separate machines. This rule applies until your licenses are expired.

2 Likes

Do I need 1 KSE license to write the tests in my Laptop - and 1 other KSE license and RT license to run the tests in an AWS server?
How does this work? My plan is to host our test execution in an AWS server. What are licenses/configs we need?

Another great knowledgebase article. I really think that category should be brought back.

1 Like

Hi @ashraf.madina

You would need one KSE license to develop tests, and a DevOps RE license to run tests on AWS environment. DevOps RE licenses are for executing tests on Azure DevOps, Docker,
Please refer to our pricing page: https://www.katalon.com/pricing/, especially the FAQ section for more information.

How many CMD runs can I able to run? If I purchase KRE Node-locked license.
1)Per day How many?
2)Per Monthly How Many?

Hi @kumaraswamy.mekala

A node-locked RE license allows for maximum one execution. You can have as many as you want in a day, as long as the executions are sequential. This rule applies everyday until your license expires.

If I am having DevOps RE licenses should trigger my test scripts through CMD also?

Thanks,
Kumar.

I have 1 valid license for Katalon Floating Runtime Engine.

In the TestOps > Organization > Licenses > Katalon Floating Runtime Engine, it shows that Subscribed Licenses=1, Available Licenses=1.

However, when I run the Katalon Runtime Engine using command line mode execution, it shows the following errors:

Activating…
Start activating offline…
Search for valid offline licenses in folder: /home/username/.katalon/license
The number of valid offline licenses: 0
Start activating online…
Invalid license.
Trial license is only available for Katalon accounts registered with a business email.
All launchers terminated

How to run Katalon Runtime Engine command line mode execution using my license?

Hi @mts-user

DevOps (floating) RE licenses only can be used through Docker or Azure DevOp, please make sure you’re using these platforms. If you just need to execute on a local machine, then you’d need a node-locked RE.

I am using Docker platform. The Docker image was created from the Ubuntu 18.04 base image.

In the Dockerfile build step, I have added the Katalon_Studio_Engine_Linux package to the Docker image.

However, when I start the Docker container to run Katalon Runtime Engine in console mode, it shows the Error message:

Activating…
Start activating offline…
Search for valid offline licenses in folder: /home/qwe/.katalon/license
The number of valid offline licenses: 0
Offline activation failed.
Start activating online…
Invalid license.
Trial license is only available for Katalon accounts registered with a business email.
Online activation for console mode failed.
Activation failed. Please make sure you are using a valid license.
All launchers terminated

I have tried deleting the API key in Katalon Store and re-create a new API key. But it still shows the same error message.

My email is a valid business email. I am using Docker platform. I have purchased the DevOps (floating) KRE license. But I am not able to use KRE in my Docker container. How to solve this problem?

Hi @mts-user

I think you should use (or extend from) our official Docker image available here: https://github.com/katalon-studio/docker-images in order for the DevOps license to work.