Katalon Scripts are suddenly running very slow

Hello,

I am suddenly noticing that my scripts are suddenly running super slow, like it is taking about 5 -15 secs to run each line which used to breeze through in a fraction of a sec earlier. I did not change any settings to face this slowness in Katalon. Can anyone help me with this issue. I updated to the latest version: 7.0.6.

There was an issue with Analytics (KA) which I’m not sure is fixed in 7.0.6. If you use KA, try disabling it.

Thanks for your response, I tried disabling it and it is still slow. I would appreciate if there is any other tip to resolve this issue.

Try to disable smart “Default Smart Wait”

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I think that worked :slight_smile: I appreciate your help!!!

2 Likes

Hi Team
Now a days we are seeing issues with Katalon (8.6.8) scripts are executing longer duration which is 10 hrs instead of 3 hrs. We verified that smart wait is disabled.

Could you please help us out as we are in release phase which is urgent.

@ragurajala

At first, please have a look at this guideline.

You haven’t showed us any information, so nobody can help you much.

The first thing you should do is to read the execution log carefully. You should find out which steps take longer seconds than usual. Once you pointed out which steps run slow, then you can come back and ask “Why this step takes this long seconds?”. When you post a new comment here, you should show the log and your Test Case script while pointing the exact step which runs slow.

One other thing you can do as well is to clean up your Temp folder of old KS tests.

Use the following path typed into Windows Explorer to manually get to the Temp folder.

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp

Once Windows Explorer moves to the Temp folder, use CFRL+A to select all files and folders, then SHIFT+DEL to clean up all temp items and Skip all those created (and locked) for the current day.