I have tested execution speed in Katalon ver. 6.3.3 and 8.6.0 in the same environment and find that the latest version is a lot slower, in my situation by over 40%. I have also disabled the “Default Smart Wait” functionality in 8.6.0…
Plus, you should compare the 2 logs taken in v6.3.3 and v8.6.0 to find out which specific test steps got slower. Any significant performance differences should have some reasons. You need to look at each symptoms indivisually in detail. Performance issues could be resolved only by your detail inspections.
I have done a detailed analysis and found out that the main reason for slower execution is step waitForElementNotPresent which is unable to locate an element by XPath. Also, the navigateToUrl step is quite slow…
I have done another test with the 8.6.5 version compared to 6.3.3. Execution time is better, but still slower by cca. 15-20%. As you can see from the screenshot, every step is executed a little bit slower. Is this expected behavior?
The log shows “14:54:25-14:55:20”, which makes 55 seconds. This message apparently is telling that your test finished (= when the Log Viewer ceased printing logs) in 55 seconds after you clicked the start button . But I would say, that is not true. I believe that it took longer than 55 seconds if you had the Log Viewer “Tree View” was attached and opened.
I would like to ask you to go back to Katalon Studio GUI with the Log Viewer attached with the “Tree view” opened. Please try measuring the actural duration between the start and the end of your test using your wristwatch or stopwatch. I believe that your stopwatch would record longer than 55 seconds; for example, a wild guess, 100 seconds.
The log information does not take it into account how long the delay was caused by the Log Viewer to flush bulky texts into the GUI. Therefore the timestamp in the log will never be precise enough. You should not ignorantly trust the timestamps in the log. You should be aware that the Log Viewer causes invisible delay. You should have careful eyes on it.