**`katalon-recorder`** Issues with jQuery after update to 17

Our platform/applications has it’s own JS library and assigns it’s object to $ . However, jQuery also uses $ for the same reason. For some reason, when Katalon is enabled (finding this Chrome and Edge), $ is being assigned as jQuery instead of our JS library.

This is creating issues with our applications completely loading and making the pages seem unresponsive. This is not specific to just our applications. I get a similar error when trying to access LastPass as well. Here is snip from the error I get for Last Pass.

Is there any setting configuration I can do to keep this from happening or is it possible to roll back versions? It is impacting my use of automation to a large degree at the moment.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your topic. Please note that it may take a little while before a member of our community or from Katalon team responds to you.

Thanks!

Hi @dmccormick,

Welcome to our community. I see that the error you received is 401, have you been able to logged in to your app yet?

happening the same on my end, I hope this will be fix soon.

1 Like

I have no problem accessing the extension but while it is active in Chrome, I cannot access the webpages for our application. Beyond our specific company applications, this happens for other sites such as Last Pass, and Mavenlink. If Katalon is inactivated in Chrome, those web pages will suddenly load.

Hi,

Do you receive any error logs from Katalon side? How did you inactivate Katalon on Chrome? Can you please try other browsers?

It’s unworkable in Chrome and Edge but so far working fine in Firefox. There is a button in the extension where you can disable. I am including a screenshot (button is on the bottom right). Katalon provides no logs as it’s not actually running anything. I am manually just going to a website and the presence of the Katalon extension being installed on Chrome is making the website unusable.

The 7.0 version of the Katalon recorder is also completely unusable for me and I need to disable it in order to access my application at all.

If I revert to the 5.7.5 version of the recorder, then everything works as intended.
If I enable the 7.0 version then I start receiving a number of errors and can’t even login.

My Web Application uses jQuery and jQueryUI.

TypeError: $(…).button is not a function
at HTMLInputElement. (core.min.js?v=1.3.1.1622:93:139)
at HTMLInputElement.dispatch (jquery-3.6.2.min.js?v=1.3.1.1622:2:43331)
at y.handle (jquery-3.6.2.min.js?v=1.3.1.1622:2:41315)

For those of us who use the Katalon Recorder as part of our work environment, it might be a good idea to have two releases of the Katalon Recorder available. One a Stable older release and the other is a Feature release with all of the latest goodies.

If needed I am willing to share the link to a publicly accessible demo server that breaks with the 7.0 version of the recorder.

Thank you.

P.S. I use the Katalon Recorder as my primary testing platform and very much appreciate it.

1 Like

Same here. The new version blocks modals needed for logging in users and continuing tests.

This is a very serious issue, and we are stuck in testing our products. Please fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Jan

1 Like

Hi all,

This issue has been acknowledged by my team and we are trying to investigate it. Please wait for the new update. Thank you

Have you tried the Firefox version? It’s not ideal as I have built most of my automation through Chrome and the firefox extension goes much faster (so I have to add more pauses) but it’s what I’ve been working with since this update. I thought I would suggest it to you as well so you have a place that still works at least. I hope they fix it soon.

I am aware and I do use it since I also support FireFox, but currently, most users use a variant of the Chrome browser.

Hi, how can I get an older version of the recorder to revert to?

Hi,

1 Like

Hi there @dmccormick,

Just checking in to see if your issue has been resolved yet or not.

If not, then we can direct you to our Recorder team, please follow the instructions below. :point_down:

To help our engineers pinpoint the issue, could you please provide the following:

1. The web page that you were testing with Katalon Recorder.
  2. The steps to reproduce the bug.
  3. A screen recording of the bug in action.

The information above will be very helpful to our Recorder team!

:information_source: Additionally, you could also contact our Recorder team via the email: recorder-services@katalon.com for faster support, bug report, or feature requests.

Thanks,
Albert

Hi Albert,

I am still experiencing the issue. This affects all URLs for applications I test within my role but it also affects other non-client related URLs. If the Katalon extension is on Chrome (or Edge) and enabled, it makes some websites not load and errors appear in the console. I am providing you a video example of a website called Mavenlink that we use for Project Management and Time entries company wide. 

This is just an example It affects more than this website. In the video you will see when I have Katalon enabled, the site does not load and errors appear in the web console. When I disable it, the website loads properly. Since this affecting all of my client websites where we test we are greatly impacted by this issue. I appreciate any help you can offer to resolve it as soon as possible.
KatalonRecorder_Mavenlink_Errors.zip (23.5 MB)

Is the Firefox ‘workaround’ still working for you here?

PS. I’m sure we’re all keen for an updated version of Katalon Recorder with these bug fixes, here.

2 Likes

Hi @dmccormick, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Our engineering team has investigated and fixed the JQuery issue. The new version 7.0.1 will be released at the beginning of next week. We will notify you in the forum once it’s released. Please inform us if the issue still persists.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi all, :wave:

As Vy Huynh from our Recorder team has confirmed the release of KR version 7.0.1 next week, we will proceed to close this thread shortly.

Should you still encounter any other issues after the release, please go ahead and create a topic in Katalon Recorder.

Thanks,
Albert

This topic was automatically closed after 17 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.