Katalon cannot detect real iOS device

Hi team,

I’m using my Mini Mac High Sierra version 10.13.6 and running the test for my iOS device (iphone 6 - iOS 10.1.1). After successfully installing and building up WebDriverAgent, I launched Katalon and found that my device is not listed in the iOS devices list beside the simulators. Please help

Here is some information you may need:
Appium 1.8.1
Xcode 9.3.1
Katalon 5.7.1

Alan Hoang said:

Hi team,

I’m using my Mini Mac High Sierra version 10.13.6 and running the test for my iOS device (iphone 6 - iOS 10.1.1). After successfully installing and building up WebDriverAgent, I launched Katalon and found that my device is not listed in the iOS devices list beside the simulators. Please help

Here is some information you may need:
Appium 1.8.1
Xcode 9.3.1
Katalon 5.7.1

please did you find a solution ?

Hi Chiraz_ben_chaabane,

What year of your Mac? I was using the mini Mac 2012 and facing the issue until I traded for the another one (late 2014).

One thing that could be causing this is if the “idevice_id” utility is not installed or cannot see your devices. “idevice_id” is part of the library “libimobiledevice”. It’s quite possible that Katalon Studio is using that to communicate with real iOS devices.

First you can you running it and seeing if it’s installed and if you see any devices. From your Terminal, run:

idevice_id -l

If it’s not installed, then you can install it:

If you have Homebrew already, just run:

brew install libimobiledevice

If you don’t have Homebrew yet, check out its homepage for how to install it:

After that, you should be able to run this command and see the list of all your real attached devices (not simulators, though):

idevice_id -l

If I’m right, and that’s how Katalon Studio sees real devices (NOTE: I already have libimobiledevice installed, so that could be why I can see them) then you should be all set!

Hope this helps,
Chris

1 Like