Cannot see real IOS Device on device list

Hello,

I am not able to see my real IOS devices on device list of Katalon 5.3.
I followed this document for installation:
https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Mobile+on+macOS.

I tried the devices with the versions 9+,10+,11+. None of them worked.

Other versions:

Appium:1.7.2
Xcode:8.2.1
MacOS:10.11.6

Can somebody help me for this issue?

Thank you.

The issue is solved with the MacOS version 10.12.6.

I am running High Sierra version 10.13.5 and I am having this same issue.

One of the first things you can do is see if the device is recognized by command line tools outside of Xcode:

idevice_id -l

If that does show your device, then it could be that you don’t have permissions to run some of the other command line tools that Katalon (and Appium behind the scenes) require. You can reinstall those tools with:

brew uninstall ideviceinstallerbrew uninstall libimobiledevice
brew install --HEAD libimobiledevice
brew link --overwrite libimobiledevice
brew install --HEAD  ideviceinstaller
brew link --overwrite ideviceinstaller
sudo chmod -R 777 /var/db/lockdown/

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Still i am not able to proceed with iOS real device automation, Please help me on this.

System :
MacOS : 10.13.5
Appium version: 1.8.1
Katalon Version: 5.8.6
Xcode Version: 9.4.1

Issues

Device is not listing Katalon

**Thanks
**Rahul.R

Hi Rahul,

Another thing you could try is to reset the trust settings between your device and the computer. Here are a couple of articles about that. You can see if it works to get the trust prompt to show again (and hopefully your device recognized):

http://osxdaily.com/2014/03/24/trust-this-computer-alert-ios/

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/09/01/how-to-untrust-iphone-ipad/

Hope this helps,

Chris

issue duplicated

Hi, Any one found the solution for this as how the real device to be detected in Katalon 7.5.5 . My iOS device is not detected

Hi @Deepak2,

There are some steps you could take that are listed in this post:

Under the section " Real iOS Devices Not Showing in Device List". Could you try those and see if that helps your issue?

– Chris

Hi Chris,
I am trying to automate a iOS app using Katalon studio. For that I am using Simulators available from Xcode. I choose iphone8 plus(simulator). I have followed the steps to automate for the .app file. Installed already appium using the command prompt and the appium version : 1.22.1 and is set in ‘/usr/local/bin/appium’ . But now when I invoked the Katalon Studio , selected the file path for Integration app which I renamed with my target app name. I can see that app also displaying in simulator (Iphone 8 Plus)

/Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-gfetfhocvwgzqvhcskixvlxobvwp/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/IntegrationApp.app

But I am getting error while click on record button and provided the file path as mentioned above

Please let me know where I am wrong in this case and how can I automate ios app using Katalon studio.

I am using KS: 8.2.0 , XCODE: Version 13.1 and Appium : 1.22.1
Are these compatible to each other.
One more query , do I need to use appium lower version

Error :

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Unable to create a new remote session. Please check the server log for more details. Original error: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not load a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’. Please verify your Appium installation

Build info: version: ‘unknown’, revision: ‘unknown’, time: ‘unknown’

System info: host: ‘Admins-MacBook-Pro.local’, ip: ‘fe80:0:0:0:c79:bccc:f3f4:b871%en0’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.16’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_275’

Driver info: driver.version: IOSDriver

remote stacktrace: UnknownError: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not load a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’. Please verify your Appium installation

at getResponseForW3CError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-base-driver/lib/protocol/errors.js:804:9)

at asyncHandler (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-base-driver/lib/protocol/protocol.js:380:37)

System info: host: ‘Admins-MacBook-Pro.local’, ip: ‘fe80:0:0:0:c79:bccc:f3f4:b871%en0’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.16’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_275’

at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.impl.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.runAndWait(ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.java:49)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.components.MobileLocalAppComposite$12.run(MobileLocalAppComposite.java:474)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Unable to create a new remote session. Please check the server log for more details. Original error: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not load a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’. Please verify your Appium installation

remote stacktrace: UnknownError: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not load a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’. Please verify your Appium installation

at getResponseForW3CError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-base-driver/lib/protocol/errors.js:804:9)

at asyncHandler (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-base-driver/lib/protocol/protocol.js:380:37)

at io.appium.java_client.remote.AppiumCommandExecutor$1.createSession(AppiumCommandExecutor.java:208)

at io.appium.java_client.remote.AppiumCommandExecutor.createSession(AppiumCommandExecutor.java:217)

at io.appium.java_client.remote.AppiumCommandExecutor.execute(AppiumCommandExecutor.java:239)

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:552)

at io.appium.java_client.DefaultGenericMobileDriver.execute(DefaultGenericMobileDriver.java:42)

at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.execute(AppiumDriver.java:1)

at io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver.execute(IOSDriver.java:1)

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:213)

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:131)

at io.appium.java_client.DefaultGenericMobileDriver.(DefaultGenericMobileDriver.java:38)

at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.(AppiumDriver.java:84)

at io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver.(IOSDriver.java:85)

at com.kms.katalon.core.appium.driver.AppiumDriverManager.createMobileDriver(AppiumDriverManager.java:496)

at com.kms.katalon.core.appium.driver.AppiumDriverManager.createMobileDriver(AppiumDriverManager.java:480)

at com.kms.katalon.core.mobile.keyword.internal.MobileDriverFactory.startLocalMobileDriver(MobileDriverFactory.java:539)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.dialog.MobileInspectorController.startMobileApp(MobileInspectorController.java:196)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.mobile.objectspy.components.MobileLocalAppComposite$12$1.call(MobileLocalAppComposite.java:479)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.impl.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.startThreadAndWait(ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.java:36)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.components.impl.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.runAndWait(ProgressMonitorDialogWithThread.java:48)

… 2 more

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at io.appium.java_client.remote.AppiumCommandExecutor$1.createSession(AppiumCommandExecutor.java:186)

… 20 more

Caused by: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not load a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’. Please verify your Appium installation

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.W3CHandshakeResponse.lambda$errorHandler$0(W3CHandshakeResponse.java:62)

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HandshakeResponse.lambda$getResponseFunction$0(HandshakeResponse.java:30)

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.lambda$createSession$0(ProtocolHandshake.java:126)

at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.createSession(ProtocolHandshake.java:128)

… 21 more