Invalid WSDL link (version 5.8)


#1

Hello, I’ve tried the new Q_uickstart (version 5.8**) **_function to import the service samples related to a WSDL url.
However, even using a valid WSDL (which works in the SoapUI tool), the Katalon is showing this message:

Could this message be a bug, or…?

image.png


#2

Hi Marlon Cettina,
Some strange here, I had been checked it both my side and my colleague, no problem with import WSDL with URL. Double check your URL agains…


#3

I receive the same error while importing a wsdl
An import in SoapUI works fine.
Furthermore if I use this wsdl in a draft SOAP Request it returns me correctly the service function via “Load from WSDL” button but if I submit such a request it returns

Mostlikely these errors are relatet to the content of the wsdl but as already stated it works with SoapUI.

Import.JPG

Submit.JPG


#4

Same issue here. wsdl loads fine in SOAPui but cant get it loaded in Katalon. The importer comes back with an error: The link you are trying to import is NOT a WSDL file or have a valid WSDL schema etc.


#5

Could you paste the full URL please?


#6

What if you download the wsdl files and then import that file into Katalon?


#7

Can we have your WSDL file for further investigations?


#8

Can I send it per mail? I don’t want to publish it in the forum.


#9

Yes go ahead just send the WSDL file to vinhnguyen@kms-technology.com


#10

#MeToo
Same issue here. wsdl loads fine in SOAPui but cant get it loaded in Katalon. The importer comes back with an error: The link you are trying to import is NOT a WSDL file or have a valid WSDL schema etc.


#11

Andrew Williams said:

#MeToo
Same issue here. wsdl loads fine in SOAPui but cant get it loaded in Katalon. The importer comes back with an error: The link you are trying to import is NOT a WSDL file or have a valid WSDL schema etc.

So can you send me this WSDL file also :D? We’ve fixed an issue related to this from provided WSDL file of previous persons, but still want to try on your WSDL as well to see.


#12

Same issue here. A valid wsdl working on SoapUI and returns an error on Katalon Studio.


#13

Hi all,

This issue will be fixed ASAP in the next release. In case you guys observe the problem, please send me the WSDL file so that we can try it on our fixed version as well to cover other cases.

Regards


#14

Vinh Nguyen said:

Hi all,

This issue will be fixed ASAP in the next release. In case you guys observe the problem, please send me the WSDL file so that we can try it on our fixed version as well to cover other cases.

Regards

Hello, do you have a prevision of when the release with this fix will be available? Then I can better plan the start of the project.

Thanks.


#15

Updates?


#16

I saw there was a new release yesterday. Could you double check?


#17

This issue has been fixed on latest version (5.8.3), so please help to double check again on that version.


#18

Hello. Now the wsdl file retrieve all the related services. However, the ‘Request Message’ is in blank. As I understand, it should displays the transaction example / the fields to me filled, right?

Request in blank:

Untitled.png


#19

Fixed for me on 5.8.3. Works a treat. Thanks.


#20

The import of my wsdls works now (5.8.4) but I’m facing still a different behaviour to SoapUI

The original wsdl (which is not under our responsibility) contains the following service definition

<wsdl:service name="BbkDummyServiceService">    <wsdl:port binding="tns:BbkDummyServiceSoap11" name="BbkDummyServiceSoap11">           <soap:address location="bbkDummyService"/>    </wsdl:port></wsdl:service>

But if I try to send a request I recieve an exception

(Stack trace: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: bbkDummyService

at java.net.URL.(URL.java:593)

at java.net.URL.(URL.java:490)

at java.net.URL.(URL.java:439)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webservice.common.SoapClient.send(SoapClient.java:151)

at com.kms.katalon.controller.WebServiceController.sendRequest(WebServiceController.java:107)

at com.kms.katalon.composer.webservice.parts.SoapServicePart$4.run(SoapServicePart.java:232)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

If I make a local copy of the wsdl an change the address location tag to the url of the wsdl it works


<wsdl:service name=“BbkDummyServiceService”>
<wsdl:port binding=“tns:BbkDummyServiceSoap11” name=“BbkDummyServiceSoap11”>
<soap:address location=“https://url.of.the.wsdl/BbkDummyWS/bbkDummyService”/>
</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>


  

In SoupUI the first kind of address location works fine.
As we have no influence to the design of the original wsdl it would be better if Katalon can handle also this short format.