Feedback Friday 29 Jul 2022

Hi Russ, sorry for the late reply.

I already send the link to this post to Discourse. Would you mind telling us what are the other sites that are having the same problem?

Cheers :+1:

The only public one is https://talk.tiddlywiki.org/ but I’m finding it difficult to force it to happen using the steps above.

Here ya go…

The bug is exactly the same, 100% repeatable.

Hi Russ,

Could you help me to confirm whether the log out bug is reproducible when using the browser’s incognito/private window? Thanks!

Aren’t you getting tired of this three-way conversation?

Me → you → Discourse → you → me → you → Discourse …

Anyway, it’s the same in a private window.

The problem resides in the topics/timings API.
The user MUST be logged in.
The user MUST be viewing an animated GIF in another tab.

If the user is not logged in, it appears the timings API is not called and the bug does not appear.

I’m perplexed they haven’t provided a fix for this given the wealth of debugging info provided to them :confused:

is only me seeing this?

although i don’t mind with the theme, why do we see the top contributors board again?
i thought that was settled already …

did you guys reverted the upgrade?
from mobile in see this:

Hi @anon46315158,

Rest assured we are not reverting any upgrade.

I just briefly re-enabled our old theme, which also happens to include the old leaderboard, to test out a some Discourse’s theme-components.

As to why you’re seeing our old theme, my only guess is that you went into your User Preference > Interface > Theme and selected “Katalon Legacy” (we have not set it a the default theme).

no i did not, and i saw it both on mobile and desktop
are you sure you wanna play this game with me?
indeed looking into that setting and put on katalon, solve it.
but how stupid do you think i am?
i never touched that setting … therefore dear Albert, kindly wisely choose your advice’s … a certain level of honesty will be fair.
what katalon team changed else?

i strongly advice your team to create a staging environment for such, playing into production is not clever.
this forum is the true reflection of your products efforts to the community.
@vu.tran @sara.leslie is that kind of involvement your team wanna show?
by random changing stuff?

Hi @anon46315158,

My apology if my comment in the previous post gave off the wrong impression.

For transparency-sake, you can see that I did not set the “Katalon Legacy” theme as the default. We’ll work with Discourse to see what cause you to see the old theme instead of the current one.

Nevertheless, it wasn’t clever of me to re-enable it out of the blue and I apologize for any inconvenience caused (it has now been disabled). :+1:

appologies accepted, but take my advice seriously.
production environment is not a playground

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback Bionel. I’m working with the team to revise this process.