Auto update deleted ALL my scripts this morning (5.6.1). Lost work. Lost faith

I just ran the upgrade to v5.6.1 an hour ago. I went to use Katalon and ALL of my existing scripts have been deleted. EVERY file was deleted from ALL folders - yet the folder structure remains.

After researching this issue I see you’ve had defect reports on this previously - yet this CRITICAL bug still remains?

I’ve lost work and lost faith in your product. Yes, I understand it is free.

It should be noted that I’m the ‘decision maker’ for a test team and was on a path to purchasing the support options.

Please address this issue.

Definition of irony: your support web site keeps taking snapshots of my comments while I’m writing this defect report so that if something goes wrong I won’t lose my comments.

You don’t have a backup?

Where is your project stored in your machine?Katalon Studio doesn’t have the ability and can’t delete your files at all,so please help to provide more details and information about your case

1 Like

I had all my projects in C:\Download\Katalon, updated from version 5.8.0 to 5.8.6 and lost everything. Does Katalon make a backup before it deletes files?

Paul Keates said:

I just ran the upgrade to v5.6.1 an hour ago. I went to use Katalon and ALL of my existing scripts have been deleted. EVERY file was deleted from ALL folders - yet the folder structure remains.

After researching this issue I see you’ve had defect reports on this previously - yet this CRITICAL bug still remains?

I’ve lost work and lost faith in your product. Yes, I understand it is free.

It should be noted that I’m the ‘decision maker’ for a test team and was on a path to purchasing the support options.

Please address this issue.

Definition of irony: your support web site keeps taking snapshots of my comments while I’m writing this defect report so that if something goes wrong I won’t lose my comments.

Was/is the project directory placed within the Katalon installation directory?