[AKA] Katalon TrueTest™️ - Feb 26 to Mar 12, 2024 ✨

Extended

Hi all, :wave:

Ask Kalaton Anything is now LIVE! :tada: Whether you’re exploring the platform, encountering challenges, or simply looking for tips to enhance your testing workflows – Our Product team member are here to answer all of your questions.

I am Nghi Hua @nghi.hua, but you can also call me Koji. I am current responsible for the development of Katalon TrueTest, and I am here to address any questions you may have about TrueTest and its innovative approach.

:new: Guidelines :spiral_notepad:

• If you have any questions about Katalon TrueTest, please raise them directly under this thread. Ask one question at a time by replying to this topic, using the Reply button AT THE BOTTOM of this topic.
  • We will provide a weekly Q&A summary of Katalon TrueTest discussion in a separate thread. Please read through the existing questions in the summary to see if your question has already been asked by another member, before posting your own.
  • Please don’t reply to anyone else’s post. If you’d like to discuss a related topic in more detail, you can Create a new topic
  • After posting your question, please give me from 1-3 days to answer your questions as I may also be busy with other projects
  • And lastly, don’t forget to have fun! :wink:

Posts/replies that do not follow these guidelines may be removed to keep the AKA session flowing smoothly. Thanks! :+1:

We are also having a small Kudos giveaway for anyone who spread the word about our Ask Katalon Anything session. Head to our main thread below to learn more :point_down:

Can’t wait to receive your questions,
Nghi Hua (Koji)

1 Like

Do you also have other questions about Katalon Studio and Katalon TestOps?

Then head over to the two threads below where @xuan.tran and @tri.tle will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

:pushpin: [AKA] Katalon Studio - Feb 26 to Mar 04, 2024 ✨

:pushpin: [AKA] Katalon TestOps - Feb 26 to Mar 04, 2024 🪄

1 Like

Hi all,

While there will not be anyone from our Cloud Studio team joining AKA this time, we want to let you know that you can still create a topic in the Katalon Cloud Studio and get answers from either @nhi.knguyen or @quyen.huynh (albeit a bit slower).

Thanks, :+1:
Albert

Hi @nghi.hua ,

There is a problem from users not finding TrueTest Beta you please help take a look at: TrueTest Configuration (Beta) is not available for me in the Organization setup page in TestOps from @srivarshini.vathsan. Thank you!

Hi all, :wave:

We are excited to share with you that AKA has been extended until 2024-03-12T16:59:00Z to give you more time to share your questions and have them answered by our Product team! :tada:

Keep your questions coming! :sunglasses:

I have a simple question regarding how TrueTest works, hopefully @nghi.hua can help me answer it.

TrueTest operates by embedding a JavaScript code snippet into an application, enabling it to capture and analyze how end users interact with the application in real time. This process allows TrueTest to accurately map out user journeys, identify key user flows, and generate detailed test cases based on these interactions. Once these test cases are created, they can be seamlessly executed using Katalon’s TestOps or Katalon Studio, offering testers a comprehensive and efficient toolset for ensuring software quality. This integration not only streamlines the testing process but also enhances the accuracy and relevance of test cases, ensuring they reflect genuine user behaviors and preferences.

1 Like

Thank you very much @nghi.hua for your answer!

Can I get a reset? (Is one needed?)

I finally got my infrastructure team to implement the TrueTest snippets for me; however, I am not getting the same result we in the AUT that we got when we tested in a “docker instance.”

TLDR: we saw it working in the docker instance and Testops, so we wired it to the testing AUT environment (Staging), and although we got a connection, I am not seeing the User session getting generated, and there appears to be one that got “stuck” while generating test cases, maybe? (see screenshots)

Do you think a reset from your end would help me? I kept adding different URLs to the environment, and I could not delete them.

Add images

1 Like

I believe you can now see the generated result or generate another map without reseting from your end. If you still encounter any issue, please feel free to let me know.

1 Like

Hi @nghi.hua,

Can you tell me how the test cases generated by TrueTest are different from traditional automated test cases, such as the ones generated by using Katalon Recorder? Thanks!

The key distinction between TrueTest-generated test cases and traditional automated test cases, like those created with Katalon Recorder, lies in the underlying approach and the source of data used for test creation. Traditional tools like Katalon Recorder typically generate test cases based on predefined user scenarios or manual recordings. These test cases are scripted based on expected user behaviors and paths that testers anticipate or construct.

In contrast, TrueTest introduces a more dynamic and user-centric approach. It captures and analyzes actual user interactions with the software, not just predetermined paths or manually recorded scripts. This means TrueTest’s test cases are derived from real-world user behavior, capturing a wider array of user flows, including those that may not have been anticipated in traditional test scripting. As a result, the test cases generated by TrueTest are inherently more reflective of real user experiences and interactions. They can uncover issues and edge cases that traditional scripted tests might miss, providing a more comprehensive and authentic testing coverage.

2 Likes

Hi @here, :wave:,

Our Ask Katalon Anything session has come to an end, and we want to thank everyone for joining. We hope you were able to find the answers you need from our Product team members.

Our Product Managers will be reviewing the unanswered questions and providing the answers in the coming days. Should you have any other Katalon-related questions, feel free to Create a new topic.

We would also like to take this chance to ask for your input and suggestions so that we can make our future AKA sessions better. Feel free to let us know your feedback in the short form below (should not take you more than 5 minutes!):

Thank you once again for your participation and support, and we look forward to seeing you at our future events soon! :sunglasses: