After renaming/moving the folder in Object Repository, test objects' strings in the script are not getting updated

After renaming/moving the folder in Object Repository, test objects’ strings in the script are not getting updated

That has happened 2 times in 2 days already.

The 1st time I was able to fix it by moving and kind of renaming the folder back. The original folder name CREATED BY KATALON DURING RECORDING had 2 spaces in it ’ ’ but, when I was trying to rename the folder back to the same name as in the script, Katalon didn’t allow me to have 2 spaces inside the name. So I had to replace the all test objects’ strings in the script with the name that only had 1 space in it.

What just happened is a complete disaster. I was structuring the folder by adding subfolders and in the process moved/renamed the folder. Now test objects’ strings in the script are still the same as before - so I cannot fix the script as the first time because now it’s not just a matter of renaming the folder part in the test objects’ strings.

I’d never seen this issue before switching to version 8.0.1 this week.

Difficult to understand this. Could you please provide us a step-by-step instruction how to reproduce your findings with examples?

Here is what exactly was done the 1st time:

  1. Recording in Katalon and as a result having a folder with 2 spaces in its name (let’s call it "Co. D" here) in Object Repository (i.e. something like this: Object Repository/temp/Magic/Co. D)

  2. Renaming "Co. D" to "Company" and moving it to a different location. (In that location there was another folder with name “Company”, so the new folder in that location got the name "Company (1)" I’m mentioning this just in case. Later I saw the same issue when I moved a folder into the location w/o any folder with the same name)

After this I noticed that the test objects’ strings in the recorded script were not updated and still looked
like "Object Repository/temp/Magic/Co. D/div_Tags_tags-list".

Because it wasn’t shown even as "Object Repository/temp/Magic/Company/div_Tags_tags-list",
my guess is that it wasn’t updated after Renaming "Co. D" to "Company".

Again, the 1st time I was able to fix it by moving and kind of renaming the folder back. The original folder name CREATED BY KATALON DURING RECORDING had 2 spaces in it ’ ’ but, when I was trying to rename the folder back to the same name as in the script, Katalon didn’t allow me to have 2 spaces inside the name. So I had to replace the all test objects’ strings in the script with the name that only had 1 space in it (like this Object Repository/temp/Magic/Co. D/div_Tags_tags-list.)

The 2nd time I did a lot of editing and I’m not sure at what moment that really happened but the result was the same:

After renaming/moving the folder in Object Repository, test objects’ strings in the script were not updated

-> to Katalon Team, @ThanhTo

This happened again. I just renamed the folder in Object Repository (nothing else!) and test objects’ strings in the script were not updated. The folder (created by Katalon during recording) before it was renamed had this part “Co. Documents” (i.e. again “Co. D” with . and 2 spaces in it)

It looks like Katalon doesn’t pay any attention to this forum at all and doesn’t care about even the most seruious issues like this one.

Hi @gdearest07,

We will investigate this issue and feedback to you soon. Hope it can be reproduced and bring to the latest release.

Thanks

1 Like