Add comments in test cases

Hello team,
I appreciate KR it’s great but i would like to ask, can we add comments in test cases in case of need. ?
thank you in advance

4 Likes

Yes would also love to see this feature in the Katalon Recorder!

3 Likes

Workaround…

store
comment
This is a comment
1 Like

Many thanks for the suggestion. We are working on this feature at this moment.

1 Like

I know this is not a perfect solution but since 3.4.11 you can use “# | text |” to comment.

Alex said:

I know this is not a perfect solution but since 3.4.11 you can use “# | text |” to comment.

At-least it’s something… Can always be improved from! :wink: Thanks!

The only thing i don’t like about the solution is that is looks like a regular command.

The ideal world would be indeed a line that stands out from the rest of the commands.

1 Like

Thank you, Patrick. That what’s we want to (and we will do), but for now we need to focus our resources on other stuff. I’ll close the discussion now but I will reopen and inform you all when there is an update.

This didn’t work for me. Recorder doesnt recognize the sequence as a command. And without a command you get an error. :frowning:

However I was able to use echo “#comment” is not exactly the same but it helps.

Any news on this topic?

@rmarcelr

Sorry for the very late response. You can add an empty test step and then specify the command to be “#” and the target to be a text. This will be automatically considered as a comment.

KR 5.7.4 can not use.:frowning:

Hi there, I can still add a comment in 5.7.4, are you doing something like this?

1 Like

It is ok,Thx