Feature suggestion: Allow user comment on report upload in Katalon Analytics

Hi,

This suggestion has medium-low importance, but I share it nonetheless.

It would be useful for me (and maybe others) to enter a user comment on each Katalon Analytics upload made for Test Suite execution.
If an execution has failed, it would be very useful to place a comment on why this has happened for easy referencing in the future.
I know the actual technical reason can be found inside the execution report, but sometimes a test can fail because of independent reasons.
I would like to keep track of those reasons in the future.

Thank you,
Cornel Neacsu

Cornel Neacsu said:

Hi,

This suggestion has medium-low importance, but I share it nonetheless.

It would be useful for me (and maybe others) to enter a user comment on each Katalon Analytics upload made for Test Suite execution.
If an execution has failed, it would be very useful to place a comment on why this has happened for easy referencing in the future.
I know the actual technical reason can be found inside the execution report, but sometimes a test can fail because of independent reasons.
I would like to keep track of those reasons in the future.

Thank you,
Cornel Neacsu

Hi Cornel,

Thank you for using Katalon tools set. Would you please share the details with Katalon team on how this feature looks like and its behavior? It’d help the team better understand for further consideration.

Regards,
Liam

Hello Liam,

I was thinking that, under Katalon Analytics, for each execution, the user can also enter&update some manual comment argumenting why the call has failed.
I am uploading automatically every report of every execution into Katalon Analytics.
But not always the call fails because of defects in the software. It would be useful for me to store that the fail was caused by a mistake of my own, or power failure or whatever.
A basic example: http://take.ms/GSNkH

Thank you,
Cornel Neacsu