I discovered a bug with the renaming a profile variable where Katalon updates the references to other non-related variables. I’m running 6.0.5 on macOS 10.14.1 for reference.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a profile variable named “test_global_variable” and save.
- Create test scripts referencing “test_global_variable”, and save.
- Create a second profile variable, with its name being a starting portion of the first. Ex. “test”, “test_global”, “te”. In this instance, we’ll use “test_global”, and save.
- Rename the second profile variable from “test_global” to “BROKEN”, and save.
- Note that all references to the first profile variable, “test_global_variable”, now are “BROKEN_variable”.
This has been reproduced on 2 different macOS laptops - both running 6.0.5