Bug | Error after renaming the execution profile

Operating System macOS Mojave 10.14.2

Katalon Studio Version Version: 5.10.1 Build: 1

Environment (for Web testing) Google Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Steps to reproduce

Steps :

  1. Create an execution profile and add a global variable in it.
  2. Create a new test case using that Global Variable you just created in step 1.
  3. Execute the test case using the execution profile you created in step 1.
  4. Now change the execution profile name.
  5. Re-execute the test case you created in Step 2.

Upon doing these steps you will get an error. I was thinking upon changing the name of execution profile it will also auto update my test cases using global variable in that execution profile.

The error says Global Variable is empty, But it’s not.

Expected Behavior

We should alert the user that they need to restart Katalon to make the test cases work again after renaming the Execution Profile.

Actual Behavior

I am seeing an error when I execute my test case again after renaming the execution profile.


01-23-2019 11:44:26 AM Test Cases/2_Prod/Main Menu Navigation/Underwear

Elapsed time: 3.856s

Test Cases/2_Prod/Main Menu Navigation/Underwear FAILED.


com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to navigate to ‘null’ (Root cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Url cannot be null or empty)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:36)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:65)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:27)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.NavigateToUrlKeyword.navigateToUrl(NavigateToUrlKeyword.groovy:83)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.NavigateToUrlKeyword.execute(NavigateToUrlKeyword.groovy:67)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:53)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.navigateToUrl(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:183)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$navigateToUrl$1.call(Unknown Source)

at Underwear.run(Underwear:20)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)

at TempTestCase1548272663994.run(TempTestCase1548272663994.groovy:22)

@manpreet.mukkar Are you choosing correct profile? Please select the correct profile respective test case execution.

Are you renaming it in the katalon studio or the file explorer?
It’s better to rename it in the studio as when I tried to rename the object folders in the explorer the path was not changed in the script.


@Alice Yes, I am using the correct profile, Basically the profile is already selected in Step 3 and when I change the profile name the Updated name is also reflected in the top bar besides run button but upon running the test it is throwing error.

@kavyavijaya I am renaming the execution profile in Studio itself. I never did that from explorer.

@Alice I encountered an issue again which is similar to this. I updated the value of a Global Variable in execution profile and when I executed the test case containing the same global variable I got the error saying Value is null.

I noticed that the Global Variable name got changed from URL_ADMIN to URL_ADMIN_ADMIN

I didn’t changed the Global Variable name I only changed its Value.

I find it sometimes buggy when renaming stuff, or whatever. Just try quitting Katalon, remove directories/folder “bin” and “Lib” (they should be rebuild when you restart Katalon) and start Katalon again