Error after renaming the execution profile

Hello Team,

I am seeing an error when I execute my test case again after renaming the execution profile.

Steps :

1. Create an execution profile and add a global variable in it.
  2. Create a new test case using that Global Variable you just created in step 1.
  3. Execute the test case using the execution profile you created in step 1.
  4. Now change the execution profile name.
  5. Re-execute the test case you created in Step 2.

Upon doing these steps you will get an error. I was thinking upon changing the name of execution profile it will also auto update my test cases using global variable in that execution profile.

Error I got : The error says Global Variable is empty, But its not.

01-23-2019 11:44:26 AM Test Cases/2_Prod/Main Menu Navigation/Underwear

Elapsed time: 3.856s

Test Cases/2_Prod/Main Menu Navigation/Underwear FAILED.

Reason:

com.kms.katalon.core.exception.StepFailedException: Unable to navigate to ‘null’ (Root cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Url cannot be null or empty)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordMain.stepFailed(KeywordMain.groovy:36)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.stepFailed(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:65)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.internal.WebUIKeywordMain.runKeyword(WebUIKeywordMain.groovy:27)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.NavigateToUrlKeyword.navigateToUrl(NavigateToUrlKeyword.groovy:83)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.builtin.NavigateToUrlKeyword.execute(NavigateToUrlKeyword.groovy:67)

at com.kms.katalon.core.keyword.internal.KeywordExecutor.executeKeywordForPlatform(KeywordExecutor.groovy:53)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.navigateToUrl(WebUiBuiltInKeywords.groovy:183)

at com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords$navigateToUrl$1.call(Unknown Source)

at Underwear.run(Underwear:20)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.run(ScriptEngine.java:194)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.ScriptEngine.runScriptAsRawText(ScriptEngine.java:119)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.runScript(TestCaseExecutor.java:328)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.doExecute(TestCaseExecutor.java:319)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.processExecutionPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:298)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.accessMainPhase(TestCaseExecutor.java:290)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor.execute(TestCaseExecutor.java:224)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:106)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain.runTestCase(TestCaseMain.java:97)

at com.kms.katalon.core.main.TestCaseMain$runTestCase$0.call(Unknown Source)

at TempTestCase1548272663994.run(TempTestCase1548272663994.groovy:22)

I’m assuming 4.1 is not the problem?

What happens if you close Katalon and reopen it?

If it’s still broken, report a bug: http://forum.katalon.com/c/katalon-studio/katalon-studio-bug-reports

I tested it by restarting Katalon and it got fixed. But otherwise, the issue is reproducible. I will create a bug ticket for it or ask Katalon to show the user an alert to restart Katalon

Also about 4.1 We don’t need to change the profile again (Highlighted in the screenshot) as we already selected the execution profile in Step 3 and after renaming the same profile in Step 4 it updates the that too Highlighted in the screenshot