5.0 bug: Recording Web will generate 2 duplicated object repository folders

After I upgraded to 5.0, each time I record a new test case and save the objects and sub folders into a specific object repository folder, it will generate duplicated sub folders and duplicated objects inside the sub folders.

It didn’t happen in 4.8, please release a hot fix to fix this soon, otherwise, users have to delete the duplicated folders every time, it annoy.

1 Like

Hi there,

This issue has been fixed as a hotfix in version 5.0.1. Please help to double check on that version.

Thanks for your information.

I am using version 5.2.0.1 and have the same problem.

1 Like

This is supposed to be fixed already in 5.2.0.1, please help to provide more details about it.

I’m on Windows 10. Recording a test case with Firefox. I recorded a test case that captured 6 objects on 2 pages. Then I recorded the exact same steps in a different test case and it created duplicates. What other details can I provide? Is there something I need to do in Katalon Studio so that it looks for existing objects in the Object Repository?

1 Like

@matthew vogt said:
I’m on Windows 10. Recording a test case with Firefox. I recorded a test case that captured 6 objects on 2 pages. Then I recorded the exact same steps in a different test case and it created duplicates. What other details can I provide? Is there something I need to do in Katalon Studio so that it looks for existing objects in the Object Repository?

Can you provide a screenshot? For this question: “Is there something I need to do in Katalon Studio so that it looks for existing objects in the Object Repository” => No currently you can’t and Katalon Studio can’t. It will always create new objects and it’s an expected behavior

Yeah, I have the same issue in version 5.3.0 and it’s really annoying that if you already have folder “Login” it will create folder “Login (1)” with the same elements, e.g.:

katalon_dupl.png

1 Like

Is there any updates on this? Every time I create a new test case, even if I deselect “Create a new folder” when using the test recorder, it still creates a new duplicate object in the repository. The fact that there also still seems to be an issue with deleting and renaming objects makes this even more frustrating.

1 Like

On version 5.4.1, recording several test cases is still creating duplicate objects. Is this a bug or did I miss something ?

1 Like

Any updates on this?

2 Likes

I have the same problem as well, regardless of I click to merged the existing object nor uncheck the create the new folder. It creates duplicate object. Any update on this issue?

I think the correct thing to do is to start (run) Object spy (not the recorder), and add the items in the object repository After having clear the flow of functionality, i.e. build them with the items we left before in the object repository.

In others softwares such as UFT or Test Complete, have this behavior too

Object spy have the same problem as well. The problem is happen when you try to merged the test object. The existing object will be added twice.

Max said:

Object spy have the same problem as well. The problem is happen when you try to merged the test object. The existing object will be added twice.

Max,

try not to record the same flow twice, as this will repeat the object n times in the repository

Actually I did not record twice, what I did was using object spy and press the alt +’ to add the new object then click SAVE. Then I select my Object Repository Folder, it shows all the object I’ve previously captured PLUS the new object I just ‘spy’… The existing object will be highlighted as “RED”…
There’s a checkbox beside each of the object that allowed me to check/uncheck. I’ve tried both check & uncheck options, and select the option to Merge test object the test object /to create new object … In either options, checked /unchecked… It still creates duplicate existed object … but… Not the delta object/new object only .
In above screenshot, h1 is the new object that I wanted to add.
The remaining object (all other object name without ‘(1)’) are existing object in my repositories.
I’ve only checked the checkbox for the object “a_Make Appointment”. The options selected is to “Merged” the object. Upon click, “OK”, noticed that ALL the existing + new object are added again.

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 10.34.20 PM.png