***Why my JavaFaker is not working?***

Hello all,
I added javaFaker jar to the library, and create a Faker object as expected, but when I tried to run a basic test, it’s terminated. What can be wrong?

1 Like

On Katalon Studio main menu, click on Help > ‘Error Log’ and put your last run of the error log here so we can see what went wrong too.

I tried on Katalon Studio v9.0.0.

I put the javafaker-1.0.2.jar into the Drivers folder in an existing project’s folder.

I started Katalon Studio, opened the project, created a Test Case:

import com.github.javafaker.Faker

Faker faker = new Faker();
println "First name is: " + faker.name().firstName();

But it failed just the same as the original poster @dr.semragenc saw.

The message said that the compiler could not resolve the class com.github.javafaker.Faker.

It was obvious that the jar I added in the Drivers folder is NOT included in the runtime classpath.

I could reproduce the problem of @dr.semragenc on my machine.

But I don’t know why.

I installed the Katalon Studio v8.6.8 and tried to run the Test Case. The Test Case ran successful.

I don’t know why it passed.

I guessed that the problem is caused by a version problem of Java bundled in Katalon Studio v9.0.0 (Java17) and v8.6.8 (java8). ---- but I must be wrong

I reinstalled the Katalon Studio v9.0.0 and tried the same. It worked.

I don’t know why the problem has disappeared.

I guess that there might be a subtle bug in Katalon Studio. I guess, at some condition, Katalon Studio fails to update the existing .classpath file.

@Elly_Tran

I would leave this problem to the Katalon developers.

@dr.semragenc

Try deleting the .classpath file in your Katlaon project’s root folder.

Close and reopen the project.

Then certainly the .classpath file will be generated. Your problem will disappear.

1 Like

Thank you Kazurayam, :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s working now!