Video not created with Browser-based Video Recorder (failing test)

Hi,
I’m using KS v 7.9.1.208 with an active KSE trial and launching a suite collection in headless mode, which on purpose will fail,
in order to obtain a Browser-based Video Recorder during headless execution in chrome, but the video isn’t created.
Am I missing something?

Hello,
Have you installed ffmpeg?

But even if it has been installed i have not been able to use it as it only records the test when the browser is opening and for the rest of the videos the tests does not get recorded.

If you are able to make it work do let me know.

Thank you

Hi,
thanks for your response, I had installed FFmpeg, but even so, no video is created.
Someone any idea how to resolve this issue?

1 Like

HI, does anybody how to be bale to record a video with headless chrome by having active in execution option ‘Browser based recorder’, it’s important to be able to do this because we’re thinking about acquiring licences for KSE and KRE, but this issue must be resolved firstly.
Any help will be very appreciate!

1 Like

Hi @isaac.palmasolis.ext,

We recently recorded an issue from some users about this feature with the same behavior as you described.

Their issue is about the different decimal separators in different languages. That leads to an invalid duration format for each screen frame.

To bypass that issue, we have to change the default decimal separator to the US standard.

In Katalon, you could put this line to the BeforeTestCaseListener, so that it can affect all tests.

Locale.setDefault(new Locale("en", "US"));

~ hope this could help /=)

4 Likes

thank you @thongnmtran for this tip, it solved my issue too !! (as I have french locale) :blush:

perhaps it could be great to add this tip in documentation https://docs.katalon.com/katalon-studio/docs/screenshots-videos.html#install-ffmpeg-library

Or better to patch this issue to work without this strange config (and without installing at hand ffmeg , changing path !) :heart:

1 Like