Version 7.0

okay when the stable version will be released :slight_smile:

Looks like the free 7.0 version now has a Quota? Is the Quota 100 Projects, 100 Test cases or 100 Test cases per each project?

From what I recall, I do not remember a quota being in place before.

Is this now a pricing model, in which Katalon is forcing users to now purchase the enterprise version if they want to use the software moving forward?

Is there going to be paid version of the free software version, to remove the quota?

Really??
I hope they won’t do this… I can’t even imagine how they do this with Projects that already exceed this quota?! Will they just block everything after the 100th Test case, object or w/e?

I think that would make a lot of people pretty mad…

Look at this post. List out the features, etc of each version. The free version will also require an internet connection now, so to answer your question…the existing projects may either be blocked or you may get an error, not sure.

Yea I also need clarification on this. I exceed 100 test cases no problem, if this is gonna turn paid I will jump ship and take my code with me lol

1 Like

this subject is already discussed here:

feel free to join there, splitting it in too many threads may be confusing

2 Likes

Per the email announcement from Uy Tran, I believe the Katalon Team is aiming to have the stable release available around October.

Hi Team,
I have noticed after installing the Beta version of Katalon (Katalon 7.0) that my keywords will not execute. If I preform the same Keyword in the Live version of Katalon, My keywords execute without issue. Anyone else noticing that their keywords are NOT executing?

Yes, I too have have this issue

My Old Version was 6.3.3. and Now i have Install and using 7.0.3. But i am facing issue for Delay function.

using Delay across all the Script
WebUI.delay(findTestData(GlobalVariable.GLOBAL_ENV).getValue(‘ShortDelay’, 1))
WebUI.delay(findTestData(GlobalVariable.GLOBAL_ENV).getValue(‘MediymDelay’, 1))

Getting Below Error for 7.0.3 But Not for 6.3.3 Please some one Help for this.
2019-10-25 15:58:09.402 ERROR k.k.c.m.CustomKeywordDelegatingMetaClass - :x: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static com.kms.katalon.core.webui.keyword.WebUiBuiltInKeywords.delay() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [4]
Possible solutions: delay(java.lang.Number), delay(java.lang.Number, com.kms.katalon.core.model.FailureHandling), getAt(java.lang.String), every(), any(), dump()
2019-10-25 15:58:09.424 ERROR c.k.katalon.core.main.TestCaseExecutor - :x: Test Cases/Platform_TestCases/Wire/Repetative/Create_Edit_Approve_Delete_USWire_RepetativePayment_Audit FAILED.
Reason:

Not sure what has changed in both Version. Please Share Quick Solution

One More issue with 7.0.3 Version, if you Write or Create any Custom Keyword in Using 7.0.3 Version and Launch Same Project with 6.3.3 Newly Created Custom Keyword does not show in Application, it is present under Folder of your local machine but does not reflect with older version

Hi there,
I have updated Katalon today to 7.0.4 version (not Beta, MacOS User) and I cannot login to my Katalon Account with my password. It shows this error Katalon_Account%20ID%20error
I can log in with these credentials in https://www.katalon.com/ here in the community and in katalon analytics. I don´t type the password. It is saved in the saved logins in the browser and also I have copied and pasted it from there. Has anyone else the same problem? I cannot use TestOps (the reason of the upgrade)

exactly same problem with version 7.0.3 on windows

Yes experiencing the same issue. Started discussion here: How to use TestOps in KS 7.0.1

Debug mode execution is no longer available in 7.0 version of the Katalon studio release. It would be great if this is fixed in the minor releases. Thanks.

Execution of test cases in debug mode is no longer available in version 7.0. Will this be fixed in upcoming versions? Is there a way to run test cases in debug mode with version 7.0?

Hi @vish3621

Debugging mode is now only available with KSE, you can have a free trial period. For details regarding the differences between KS and KSE, please refer to the following link:

Hello @aggeliki.rabaouni

Unfortunately, offline activation is currently not supported in KSE and RE trial license. If you want to connect to Katalon TestOps, you need to online activate it. On the top right corner > Account > Deactivate > Reactivate.

Jass

Any idea why after updating to 7.0.4 my project file disappeared - there is no source code anymore?

How to update the latest version 7.0.3? It shows that there is an update available under about katalon however ‘check for updates’ under Help is not available. I am using Katalon 7.0.1. Thanks!