Version: 5.1.0.2 - Unable to SpyWeb with IE

I have the latest version of Katalon which I downloaded and installed today. I am able to use SpyWeb with Chrome and FF. However, when using IE, I briefly see an error but it minimizes the Object Spy window too quickly and it will not allow me to restore the window to see the error. I can’t even close the window and have to force a shutdown via Task Manager and restart to even use Katalon again.

The version of IE I am using is 11.64.16299.0.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Are there any error messages displayed? Do you install extensions when asked for IE when click on Spy or Record button? If it doesn’t pop out, then please try install it manually in ‘extensions’ folder,e.g C:\5.0\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64\Katalon_Studio_Windows_64-5.0.0.1\configuration\resources\extensions\IE and try again

Regards

Hi Vinh,

I can’t tell what the error message is or what extensions are required because when I click on Spy Web to use IE, it minimizes the Object Spy window and it will not allow me to restore it. I would have to kill the app to use Katalon again.

Thanks for your response.

Ok, I went to the https://docs.katalon.com/display/KD/Internet+Explorer+Configurations page and followed step-by-step instructions to configure IE. I am still having an issue where using Spy Web locks up Katalon and I would have to kill the application to use it again.